The Student Room Group

Whats your favourite Indian curry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Although I'm dubious as to the authenticity of the following, I'm a big fan of chicken madras, pathia, butter chicken, karahi...and although somewhat milder than my usual preference I had a beautiful lamb mughlai last week.

Not a curry but sag paneer deserves an honourable mention :coma:

Dammit now I'm craving Indian food.
Lamb Bhuna!
Reply 22
I always go for lamb.

If its hotter than a pussy curry like korma, but not so-spicy-I-can't-taste-anything-except-pain like a vindaloo, then I have almost certainly tried it and almost certainly liked it.

Picking a curry is such a difficult decision, they're all so good.
Reply 23
egg curry & fish curry....
mmmm I love chicken tikka balti with vegetable rice or butter chicken <3
Reply 25
I had vegetable jalfrezi last night, was looovely.
with a Chapati... oh yus.
VINDALOO !! the hotter the better
Reply 27
Curries, for me, are a lot like one night stands; `The hotter the better, but can lead to nasty side affects`

Jokes aside, i prefer a lamb in my curries, or when I make one myself, I use a mixture of chicken and beef. Rogan Josh and Vindaloos being my particular favourites
Reply 28
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
chicken tikka masala

You do realise Tikka was made here right? It's a British curry kinda tho some say its from Pakistan or Afghanistan
Reply 29
Original post by Megaross
Honestly, authentic indian restaurants are extremely rare. Indian food over here is generally adapted to english tastes.
Which is why if you use a proper indian recipe it won't be like your local curryhouse, both kinds are good though.

Anyway I'm boring, lamb Madras for me, very aromatic, plenty of flavour, good level of heat. I'm not picky, i'll pass on kormas/pasanda most of the time though because they're often oversweetened and sickly.
And variety being the spice of life, if theres something new to me i'll likely try that.

Definitely true, i actually get the real deal at home.... such a big difference, though you need some equipment from a restaurant to cook some stuff like tandoori chicken :colondollar:
Reply 30
PANEER BUTTER MASALA omg :drool:
Original post by Lerone
I went to Thailand and had a KFC thats was 'spicy' and it blew my head off, i ate about 3 pieces (wings) before giving up. Im no shrinking violet either, il always order a vindaloo :/

Chicken Madras :drool:
Chicken Jalfrezi, or Balti or Sagwala if I'm not in the mood for spicy. It's a tough one :P

I had the most delicious Thali from Masala Zone the other day - didn't notice the 3 chilli signs next to the curry I ordered (can't remember it's name now!) but boy, it was good!!
Original post by py0alb
I always go for lamb.

If its hotter than a pussy curry like korma, but not so-spicy-I-can't-taste-anything-except-pain like a vindaloo, then I have almost certainly tried it and almost certainly liked it.

Picking a curry is such a difficult decision, they're all so good.

Didn't realise "lamb" was a curry. :wink:
Original post by Iqbal007
Definitely true, i actually get the real deal at home.... such a big difference, though you need some equipment from a restaurant to cook some stuff like tandoori chicken :colondollar:

Agreed. I was once invited to dinner at an Indian friend's house and I was shocked at how different the food was. Both the English and the proper version are great, IMO.
Original post by Iqbal007
You do realise Tikka was made here right? It's a British curry kinda tho some say its from Pakistan or Afghanistan

I did not. The more you know
I've tried a few curries, can't remember the names of them all, but all very nice :yum:. I do know that I really like vindaloo - I just adore very hot foods! :drool:
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

mmmm

Wait curry you say... curry is never going to be as good as a freshly cooked naan :cool:
Keema, Aloo Gobi, Chicken Tikka, Paneer its all good stuff :smile:
Prawn Dupiaza.

Quick Reply

Latest