The Student Room Group

Which of these would you think more of/respect more?

Which of these would you have more respect for, im just curious. A 26 year old girl who had never had sex, never had a bf, never been drunk (basically was a loner/quiet with bad social skills) and lived with parents. She was studying nursng at uni and was into keeing fit, attended the gym on friday nights.

OR

A 24 year old lad who was unemployed (had worked previously for one year of his life), had a gf in another country who he visited regular staying at her apartment, then comming back home to his parents now and then lending money. He was very social, had friends and was very down to earth.

Basically Im asking do you have more respect for people who are good socially (even though they dont work) or who work but are bad socially?
Reply 1
I don't think I'd have less respect for someone because they enjoyed their own company or for someone who was unemployed. I don't really compare people and allocate them respect points. I try to respect everyone unless they give me a personal reason not to respect them.

Op I'm guessing you are the first person and that you are feeling jealous of the second person.
tbh I would hold *slightly* more respect for the first.
i don't respect either of them but i suppose i respect the 26 year old girl more because at least she is doing something... but they both live off their parents at an age where they shouldn't.. nothing to do with their social habits.
Reply 4
if I had to chose then 2nd person but do not respect people who leech their parents and don't give a crap about it

in my flat there's dudes who can't even afford to eat and they won't ask their parents for money even though they know their parents would be happy to give it lol
1st person sounds like my flatmate, who is one of the most sheltered, unsavvy people I've ever met and a bore, so I would pick the 2nd because at least he would have some life experience.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
1st person sounds like my flatmate, who is one of the most sheltered, unsavvy people I've ever met and a bore, so I would pick the 2nd because at least he would have some life experience.

but the first would be contributing to society and the second would be living off people.
If someone respects me, I respect them back. Personally, I think it's nothing to do with how much they work or how good they are socially.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending