Turn on thread page Beta

i have a psychological problem with sitting down watch

Around a year ago something strange happened, i was stretching my right arm violently because i was angry with myself and i felt a massive pain go through my shoulder. Ever since that day i've been fatigued, and it gets worse and worse as months pass. The problem was that day i went and sat down to eat but i felt completely embarrassed because i couldn't hold myself properly at the table. Since then its gone from bad to worse and beyond. I can't be comfortable when sitting or lying down and try to avoid it in public at all times. Its affected my mood and ability to work physically and mentally. My doctor diagnosed me with mild depression however anti-depressents have not helped. It just keeps getting worse and worse and i can see no way out. I haven't slept properly in over a year, my inter-personal skills have become poor and in short i don't have any enthusiasm for anything because anything involving mobility leads to fatigue and frustration. I went away travelling for five months thinking i was in a blip and it was psychological but symptoms just got worse and came home feeling completely nihilist

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I understand. Is the problem physical? You said the fatigue started after you injured your arm - have you seen a doctor about this?

ReputationRep:
    or is this someone who suffers from the same bizarre dissociative syndrome that 'neck clicker' suffers from ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    or is this someone who suffers from the same bizarre dissociative syndrome that 'neck clicker' suffers from ?
    I thought that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Around a year ago something strange happened, i was stretching my right arm violently because i was angry with myself
    What?

ReputationRep:
    Can you clarify with what your issue is? Its quite confusing. My interpretation is that your struggling to cope because you hurt your arm as you were trying to sit down and because your were sitting oddly, you were embarrassed. This is something you haven't really been able to get over. Have you been to the doctor about your shoulder and the pain issues your experiencing? I understand that this isnt going solve all problems but surely its something that easier to fix.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.