Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm looking at universities for 2012, and the University of Ulster is fairly far up my list (mainly due to it being miles away from Devon). Are there many other students from the mainland (or abroad) who stay there over the weekends, or are the vast, vast majority locals who'll be going on home for the weekends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joelburr)
    Hi, I'm looking at universities for 2012, and the University of Ulster is fairly far up my list (mainly due to it being miles away from Devon). Are there many other students from the mainland (or abroad) who stay there over the weekends, or are the vast, vast majority locals who'll be going on home for the weekends?
    which campus?

I know that the vast majority are locals (locals = students from ulster) and head home a weekends if its jordanstown. But assuming you'll be in halls then you'd surely meet intls and uk students.

Also at societies etc you'll meet people too, there will always be someone there at weekends that you know, maybe not for the first couple of weeks, but after that yeah you'll know enough.

if you don't, theres still stuff you can do on you're own...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    which campus?

I know that the vast majority are locals (locals = students from ulster) and head home a weekends if its jordanstown. But assuming you'll be in halls then you'd surely meet intls and uk students.

Also at societies etc you'll meet people too, there will always be someone there at weekends that you know, maybe not for the first couple of weeks, but after that yeah you'll know enough.

if you don't, theres still stuff you can do on you're own...
    It is Jordanstown. Thanks for the answer, Ithought there would be a few, but I didn't really know how many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joelburr)
    It is Jordanstown. Thanks for the answer, Ithought there would be a few, but I didn't really know how many.
    I'm not sure of the exact figures, but id be certain its the majority. maybe check online for figures?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.