Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone elses insurance gone DOWN significantly this year? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was dreading doing my renewel quote as i thought due to companies not being able to discriminate between male and female drivers anymore, it would have pushed up the price for females.
    I paid £460 last year for fully comprehensive insurance on a 1.4 clio, worth £5000 (It was my second year driving it).
    My renewel quote is now £290!! I couldn't believe it had gone down so much, that was with Bell, and i'm currently with Diamond, both are sister companies of Admiral.

Has anyone else found the same this year?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah mine went down about £200 too, even though I had a (minor) accident during the year, no idea how that came about, but i'm definitely not complaining!

ReputationRep:
    My first year was ~1000, and this year it was 435!

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for the EU directive to kick in which will equalise insurance premiums for females and males.

ReputationRep:
    Mine goes down every year.

I think it was something like £180 this year and the best quote I've got for a renewal so far is £116.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.