Turn on thread page Beta

Identify the anime in each video to win a prize! (21 to 40 of 60 - Part 2) watch

Announcements
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper

Expand

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Entered...

:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Entered...

:bawling:
    :ditto::console:

I hope we can all still beat cara :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I think you are all in with a fantastic chance of beating me this time - was utterly woeful at this round! :giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Hmm, it wasn't my intention to make this round harder. All of the anime featured are, in most cases, hugely popular.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Hmm, it wasn't my intention to make this round harder. All of the anime featured are, in most cases, hugely popular.
    In the west? :p:

ReputationRep:
    entered :sad: I'm rubbish at this.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    In the west? :p:
    I'd imagine so, even though I'm not too familiar with the western market.

Edit: Let's put it this way, you will definitely know of them, even if you haven't seen them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but this is just a pure 無理ゲー lol

ReputationRep:
    Your knowledge of what's popular in western markets is pretty much encyclopaedic. :P Thanks so much for all your hard work on this!

- Pips
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Pippin4242)
    Your knowledge of what's popular in western markets is pretty much encyclopaedic. :P Thanks so much for all your hard work on this!

- Pips
    Well, I can only assume that what's popular in Japan would be in the west. That said, I suppose it's dependant on the organisation responsible for licensing and distributing the anime series in question. For instance, with the likes of One Piece, one of the most popular anime and manga series in history, its disastrous portrayal by 4kids has, from my understanding, tainted its subsequent success in the west.

Anyway, thanks for entering. I hope you stick around to post more. Haven't seen you about lately.

ReputationRep:
    Entered, did better than last time (still not very good though :sigh:)

ReputationRep:
    I read this as 'amine' and got excited

ReputationRep:
    ahh forgot about this, will give it a go tomorrow if its not too late!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    ahh forgot about this, will give it a go tomorrow if its not too late!
    Not at all, you can enter whenever you like until the quiz is over (in a fortnight). This is applicable to those who have yet to participate in the first phase/stage as well.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper

Note, those which are greyed out have yet to participate in part 2 of this quiz.

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Half marks is what I'd hoped for and expected. I couldn't allow myself to score any less than that. :p: Which means I'll have to score at least 10 in Round 3...

Just a suggestion Aiko, but have you considered quoting/PMing the people who entered Round 1 but not this one? Just in case they aren't aware of it/forgot about it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Half marks is what I'd hoped for and expected. I couldn't allow myself to score any less than that. :p: Which means I'll have to score at least 10 in Round 3...
    Almost half is doable based upon your current performance.

Pippin has done particularly well during this round, answering one correctly that I'll admit was a bit cheeky of me to include. Frustratingly, she's also answered a few incorrectly with anime that is featured in this quiz, just not for the videos she's coupled them with.

Just a suggestion Aiko, but have you considered quoting/PMing the people who entered Round 1 but not this one? Just in case they aren't aware of it/forgot about it.
    Good idea, I'll send a PM tomorrow when I start the third and final thread.

ReputationRep:
    Im so close!:unimpressed: gonna have another look at these, watch out Im coming for you boy!:mad:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Almost half is doable based upon your current performance.

Pippin has done particularly well during this round, answering one correctly that I'll admit was a bit cheeky of me to include. Frustratingly, she's also answered a few incorrectly with anime that is featured in this quiz, just not for the videos she's coupled them with.
    I'd half expected her to overtake me in this round, after her comment about your knowledge of western anime popularity being 'encyclopedic' - if anyone owns and has read those encyclopedias, it's Pips. :p:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.