Turn on thread page Beta

hello all,
    a few years ago, I told my family that the wife of an uncle ignored me the whole time when I was living as a guest in their house. I think I was 12. BUT when I think about it, I realise that I may have misinterpreted her actions. Simply because she did not talk to me very much, I assumed she was also mad at me (there was an ongoing dispute between my siblings and her at the time). I may have linked her attitude to the argument and may have thought she involved me in it as well. HOWEVER, my siblings believed me and got mad.
    Now there is another argument between them and ever since, my siblings keep on bringing how that person has no shame 'involving a young child in a dispute between adults'.
    I feel uneasy whenever this is mentioned and I am scared that this might reach the uncle's wife ears. I interpreted everything in relation to the constant arguments and family feuds at the time and may have exaggerated something that was not worth it.
    So how - after 5 years - do I say that this is not exactly what happened in light of the resurgence of the topic?
    Please help me, I will pass for a liar and my family will think I just wanted to create more hatred.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'd say forget about it

(Original post by problemsolver)
    I'd say forget about it
    but new disputes arose and this issue (about the uncle's wife ignoring me) has been brought back a few days ago!

I live in constant fear that the said person might discover what I said about her (although she did some pretty awful things to my family, founding that I lied would discredit me forever).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but new disputes arose and this issue (about the uncle's wife ignoring me) has been brought back a few days ago!

I live in constant fear that the said person might discover what I said about her (although she did some pretty awful things to my family, founding that I lied would discredit me forever).
    And those awful things she did would discredit her forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Well you thought at the time that she was being horrible to you, didn't you? So she must have been at least slightly rude with you. So you could probably make the case that she had been horrible to you.

Just prepare your argument really well. She sounds like a ***** anyway if she was acting weird with an 11 year old over an argument with the 11 year old's parents, so don't worry about being morally in the wrong.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2011
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.