Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, im planning to send my ucas application of next week for bio medical science. My As's were disappointing, and i got ADDD. However, i did well in the first unit's but did really bad in the 2nd Units.
    My predicted grades at the moment are ABB and i took up as further maths this year in which my predicted grade is a B.
    The uni's im planning to apply to are, Lancaster, Brunel, Essex, Kent and Hertfordshire. However i feel that my AS grades aren't good enough to apply to these universities which may mean that i will end up with no offers. Also, i feel that these university may be too competitive to get into, so im planning to change a couple of my choices.

I would appreciate it, if people could help me out with this issue, and give me your thoughts and opinions.

ReputationRep:
    Hertfordshire is the least competitive, and you should get an offer from them with an ABB prediction.

ReputationRep:
    kk thank u for that im just worried that my AS results will mean that i wont receive any offers, others have told me to stick to these choices as my predicted grades meet the course requirement for all 5 unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC4LYF!)
    kk thank u for that im just worried that my AS results will mean that i wont receive any offers, others have told me to stick to these choices as my predicted grades meet the course requirement for all 5 unis.
    They're not overly competitive unis, and as you meet the minimum entry requirements, it's unlikely that you'll receive 5 rejections. With a good personal statement and reference, stick to your choices, as you like them.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    kk thank you so much for the quick feedback and yes my personal statement is done and teachers and others said its really good. Also, i worked at a care home, charity, helped pupils in younger years in their lessons, and my tutor has given me a really detailed and good reference, so ill stick to them then thanks agen

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 27, 2011

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.