• View Poll Results: Girls in combats?
    Yay.
    63.16%
    Nay
    15.04%
    meh...
    21.80%

ReputationRep:
    Basically, what do you think of girls who wear combat trousers?

Look good or just wrong? Reasons would be useful too.

Poll coming.

ReputationRep:
    As usual, looks good on some, downright awful on others. You need to get the cut right, otherwise you will look like a butch soldier, rather than a foxy lady.

i think they look good on the right person, as long as you feel comfortable wearing them why should you care what anyone else thinks, my girlfriend wears them, most of them time round her things becasue they are too big for her, but they look great on msot people... unless you are thinking of getting pink ones and you are of a larger build because its not the nicest thing, i know someone who does wear pink ones and is rather alrge built

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    As usual, looks good on some, downright awful on others. You need to get the cut right, otherwise you will look like a butch soldier, rather than a foxy lady.
    ah, that's what I was worried about.

(Original post by daniel_williams)
    i think they look good on the right person, as long as you feel comfortable wearing them why should you care what anyone else thinks, my girlfriend wears them, most of them time round her things becasue they are too big for her, but they look great on msot people... unless you are thinking of getting pink ones and you are of a larger build because its not the nicest thing, i know someone who does wear pink ones and is rather alrge built
    ok cool, thanks for advice.

I'm pretty skinny and my are a little large too (but NOT pink!).

Any more advice most welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think they look rubbish on girls and guys - what's the point in the huge side pockets? You're never going to put anything in the anyway, plus they'd look especially terrible if they were camo ones - don't do it!

To me, they're just trousers. It's difficult to looked dressed-up wearing combat trousers but then that's not what they're for. They're just... trousers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pratikv)
    You're never going to put anything in the anyway
    Errr....wallet, phone, Oyster card, keys, iPod ? You can go out wearing combats and a t shirt without having to ram everything into jeans pockets and end up looking a little bit too happy to see everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Errr....wallet, phone, Oyster card, keys, iPod ? You can go out wearing combats and a t shirt without having to ram everything into jeans pockets and end up looking a little bit too happy to see everyone.
    Er, you're going to put your wallet, phone and iPod half way down your legs - I reckon your trousers will fall down! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Er, you're going to put your wallet, phone and iPod half way down your legs - I reckon your trousers will fall down! :rolleyes:
    Behold, the wonderous power of the waistband. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Behold, the wonderous power of the waistband. :rolleyes:
    It wouldn't feel comfortable walking around with your wallet, iPod, phone, etc half way down your legs, plus what are you going to do if you want to listen to your iPod - have a wire trailing from your kneecaps? You can wear them by all means if you want to be targeted by thieves whilst listening to you iPod. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    There are other pockets beside the ones halfway down your leg.

ReputationRep:
    I think they're really nice. Obviously some will look good and some won't though!

ReputationRep:
    Look dope on some, average on some, and a '':eek: No!'' on some.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think they look rubbish on girls and guys - what's the point in the huge side pockets? You're never going to put anything in the anyway, plus they'd look especially terrible if they were camo ones - don't do it!

I usually keep a book in the side pocket - belt keeps em up.

Yes, they are camo ones - green camo.

Thanks for the other advice people though. :yy:

68.97% for 'yay' that's pretty good.

Combats are ace :cool:

I wear them very often and use the pockets a great deal. Practical people get a tick

ReputationRep:
    I think that in general most girls look a bit rubbish in them, but there are some who can pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    If a girl has a nice ass, they're great lol.

ReputationRep:
    i think it depends on the body shape of the girl wearing them, im a size 8 and i wear combats (they are black with a stitched crease down the leg and have pockets on the side, they arent baggy) and they look good on me(or so ive been told,lol) but i dont think "larger" girls should wear them

ReputationRep:
    I think they look quite good! I didn't think I would but I've seen several people wearing them and they look really nice. Don't think they'd suit everyone though.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    skirts are better then combat trousers

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.