Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    I'm kind of torn with what I want to do at university, and i have to start applying next year so I need help making up my mind! So I was wondering about doing a geography degree? I enjoy the subject at A level but worry about degree level. Do you find it interesting? Is it hard?

I want to do something that interests me but also has good possibilities for the future. I don't really have a clue what i want to do, so for anyone who has done one or is doing one now I was wondering what you're planning to do job wise after your degree?

Thanks guys! xxx

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely worth doing. Even if you don't know what you want to do as a career, the Geography degree provides many transferable skills that will be desirable to employers, such as report writing, data analysis, essays, teamwork, projects etc, etc. And a large proportion of employers don't even care what degree you do, so make sure you're doing something you enjoy for three years! (it looks like you do)

You could combine your degree with a masters or further study when you've decided on your career path. Geography is seen as one of the most employable degrees around and graduates go into many different fields including finance, marketing, geog-related fields such as meteorology, etc. The list is endless and you should be able to find out loads more at the career fairs your university will hold.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidCrow)
    It's definitely worth doing. Even if you don't know what you want to do as a career, the Geography degree provides many transferable skills that will be desirable to employers, such as report writing, data analysis, essays, teamwork, projects etc, etc. And a large proportion of employers don't even care what degree you do, so make sure you're doing something you enjoy for three years! (it looks like you do)

You could combine your degree with a masters or further study when you've decided on your career path. Geography is seen as one of the most employable degrees around and graduates go into many different fields including finance, marketing, geog-related fields such as meteorology, etc. The list is endless and you should be able to find out loads more at the career fairs your university will hold.

Good luck
    Thank you! Yeah i've heard its quite employable thanks for reassuring me! haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 30, 2011

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.