The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My dad just went to buy a lottery ticket and they said that they are sold out!! i didn't even know that was possible!
Reply 21
Isn't it impossible for a machine to compile a random string of numbers, I thought it was pseudo-random?
KymmyC
My dad just went to buy a lottery ticket and they said that they are sold out!! i didn't even know that was possible!
maybe they ran out of the paper thing the lottery numbers are printed on :confused:
Reply 23
i think they stopped selling tickets at 7:30.
Reply 24
i bought a couple of tickets, obviously i knew that it was a complete waste of money statistically speaking but still wroth a shot. suffice to say, i didn't win, lol.

and about just buying 77million tickets, yes, you could do that, but if someone else also gets the jackpot as well then you will only get half the money, 63 million, and if more than 2 get it then you split it even further so youre actually risking quite a lot. and yes, tickets cost £1.50 anyway (interestingly they only cost €2 in Europe, this seems slightly unfair as I assume that they win the same prizes . . . . and i also think that that might be why they are saying that if there are further rollovers then the prize will be split between the people who get the next level down. but anyway, 3 people won last night anyway, so, yeah, they only (!!!!) got about £40million each.
Reply 25
yeah last night if you had bought every ticket combination you would have come out £14 million up... however that doesnt factor in the fact that 3 people won the jackpot.....
Reply 26
i think you would have actually lost more than £50million if you had bought every ticket, that is roughly taking account for the fact that 3 people won.
Reply 27
yeah read the second part of my post
Reply 28
i had read it, i was just saying what would have happened if you did take into account the fact that 3 people won, thats all.

Latest