A-Level maths coursework "arctic research" help!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AdamAbdelAziz
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
what did everyone use for their average speed and weight of a light aircraft for the mechanics coursework "arctic research"?

i've got to do it over this half term and just need a bit of help to get started.

cheers !!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I used 200 m/s for the speed. I neglected the effect of gravity as part of my model so the plane's weight didn't matter.
AdamAbdelAziz
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
I used 200 m/s for the speed. I neglected the effect of gravity as part of my model so the plane's weight didn't matter.
thanks. so did you put any evidence as to why you said the average speed was 200m/s? i suppose its irrelevent really what speed you use as long as the working out and following through of the coursweok is of what is desired?
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by AdamAbdelAziz)
thanks. so did you put any evidence as to why you said the average speed was 200m/s? i suppose its irrelevent really what speed you use as long as the working out and following through of the coursweok is of what is desired?
I just put it as an assumption i.e. the plane flies at a constant velocity on a flat plane of 200 m/s, or something like that. So long as the calculations are good and investigation is thorough they won't mind.

By the way, for mine I did five pages and got a low A.
allways_mad
Report 16 years ago
hey hey hey

speed 140ms n weight is a varible do it dnt matter
xhanix
Report 16 years ago
hey, i am just starting this same coursework also. I am having a lot of difficulty strating off, any help anyone? i would b very grateful.
strawberries
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ive just started the "arctic research" coursework too, and I keep getting the same answers for all of the times, im getting really frustrated and upset I just can't seem to get my head around it, could someone please please help me? does anybody know where I am going wrong? help!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (181)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (270)
49.82%
I still don't know (91)
16.79%

Watched Threads