Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, I thought it could be a good idea if we could perhaps share any relevent questions or ideas we have about interviews etc as a lot of people worry about them!!!
    Also it's always a good idea to be able to talk about articles or news/media you've heard about or read which are relevent...
    so perhaps post any articles relevent to child health nursing which might be useful to us in the interview to know a bit about
    just an idea

And GOOD LUCK!!!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health/
    I found this really useful last year. Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at Surrey for Child Health Nursing?? Im there Friday and am rather scared of the 12 question numeracy test that you have to pass in order to get through to interview........anyone done this test yet?? if so whats it like and whats the pass mark

ReputationRep:
    jjurd1: I have an interview there as well and am nervous for it! Im sure we will be okay!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview there on Friday as well! Really nervous about it.. I've just been constantly doing the maths example test they give you. What health topics are reading up on?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I had an interview for child nursing at Surrey last Monday and I got an offer from them on the Wednesday!!! so excited as at the moment that is deffinately where i want to go! We did the Maths and English first, the maths questions were VERY similar to the example ones given literally just different numbers! so practise them! The people were so nice, they were so helpful and knew how nervous we were, some people din't pass the exams so didn't have an interview, just do lots of practise? If you have any questions feel free to ask Good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R Lynch)
    Hey I had an interview for child nursing at Surrey last Monday and I got an offer from them on the Wednesday!!! so excited as at the moment that is deffinately where i want to go! We did the Maths and English first, the maths questions were VERY similar to the example ones given literally just different numbers! so practise them! The people were so nice, they were so helpful and knew how nervous we were, some people din't pass the exams so didn't have an interview, just do lots of practise? If you have any questions feel free to ask Good luck xx
    Hiya, congrats on your offer
    What current health issues did they ask you about? xx

ReputationRep:
    CONGRATULATIONS HUN HOW EXCITING AND WHAT A QUICK REPLY FROM THEM OMG!!!! I was a bit worried about the nervous thing as i for one get very nervous when it comes to tests. I have been going over and over the example questions so fingers crossed i dont break under the strain lol. Do they ask you questions like Why this uni? Why Child Health and not Adult? gosh its all so real now. Congrats again hun.xx

ReputationRep:
    Hy where are you travelling from? Im coming up from Portsmouth. Im Jodyne by the way good luck for tomorrow hun and maybe see you there.x

ReputationRep:
    Im travelling down from Leeds. Going to take ages haha. And thanks you too xx

ReputationRep:
    Got my interview at Surrey tomorrow for child nursing..... any tips and advice? Am verrry nervousss!

ReputationRep:
    Rachel im there 2mora too i would suggest constant revision of the numeracy paper and have some know on current health news. Im thinking the strikes might be a good one to talk about and perhaps the suggestions on privatising the NHS thats just some of the things i have been prepping myself with :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!! They didn't ask me about any current health news, and ye the questions were like why Surrey, why child branch? examples of team work and communication and i had a couple of scenrio's what would you say to parents if their child has just been diagnosed with a life limiting disease! i had no idea what t say to this!! i just said about any questions they had!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou! Better start practicing for the scenario questions. How many questions did youhave to get right to pass the numeracy test?
    Im on my way down to surrey now from Leeds. Staying over night. So nervous for tomorrow! Xx

ReputationRep:
    This numeracy thing is the bane of my bottom lol 20 minutes is all we get and there are at LEAST 2 parts to each of the questions, im rubbish at maths lol but i showed the questions to my friend who loves maths and has a B in GCSE and even she said that she would be very worried if she was faced with these questions with only a short amount of time to answer them. Does anyone know how many you have to get right in order to pass??

ReputationRep:
    I have been on the bbc news website and reading nursing times which has helped. I had a mock interview at school which helped and they put me in scenarios. the hardest question they asked me at school was what i thought on quality of life...that one really got me! Have a safe journey down from Leeds and see you all tomorrow!! x x

ReputationRep:
    Well Done to everyone who was at Surrey today for Child Health Nursing. Was nice to me you all. Wishing you all the very best of luck..........soooooo not looking forward to the next lot of nerves lol hopefully see some of you again soon at Southampton and Bournemouth

ReputationRep:
    How did you all get on at Surrey? was my advice any help? you probably won't have to wait very long, I heard from them the following day!
    I got an offer for Southampton today so excited!! Do any of you have an interview at Kings next Wednesday?? x

ReputationRep:
    We all past the maths test thank god lol. I felt mine went very well however they was concerned that i live so far away and have a young child apparently they only have 4 mature students on last years group the rest are all college leavers etc, and i did get the impression that they tend to favour the younger applicants or the mature students that live nearer or have no children. But either way i am very very pleased with how it went yesterday and if anything it has given me some great experience for any future interviews. Well done on Southampton too hun.xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R Lynch)
    How did you all get on at Surrey? was my advice any help? you probably won't have to wait very long, I heard from them the following day!
    I got an offer for Southampton today so excited!! Do any of you have an interview at Kings next Wednesday?? x
    Well done on your offer how long did you have to wait? I'm waiting to hear backfrom them and its driving me crazy, getting so fed up with this whole waiting game.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 3, 2012

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.