Turn on thread page Beta

So I go to a dance group on Saturdays, we do little choreographed routines and so on. There's this move we do where we kind of body roll towards each other. So it's close but not really touching. I'm not Amish so I don't really mind being CLOSE. Except yesterday this guy grabbed me and practically forced me hard against his crotch and grinded against me. Twice. I feel quite sick and violated. I was too embarrassed to confront him. Should I send him a message on FB saying it was inappropriate or just deal with it?

Help an anon out.

ReputationRep:
    Speak to others in the same dance group and show them what he did and see if they feel it was acceptable as a legitimate dance move, or a bit creepy. If they agree with you then confront him, or if they don't see a problem, lighten up or find a less intimate social activity.

(Original post by Walter Ego)
    Speak to others in the same dance group and show them what he did and see if they feel it was acceptable as a legitimate dance move, or a bit creepy. If they agree with you then confront him, or if they don't see a problem, lighten up or find a less intimate social activity.
    They were awkwardly laughing but I don't see how it was a "legitimate dance move" when he GRABBED ME AND HUMPED ME AGAINST HIS CROTCH. As I said, I don't mind body contact or "sexy" looking moves. But this isn't some grotty nightclub. Why would I drop dancing? I don't have a problem with dancing I have a problem with being humped against my will.

ReputationRep:
    Another option is to dance with him again and if he tries it, hoof him one in the plums.

(Original post by Walter Ego)
    Another option is to dance with him again and if he tries it, hoof him one in the plums.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Bring it up with the person that organises the dance group, and also bring it up with this guy who did this to you.

It's innappropriate and it has made you feel sick, so it's best to resolve any issues or problems instead of 'dealing with it' and letting him have the opportunity to do it again.

If he does do it again, even after you've confronted him about it, kick him in the nuts or something

(Original post by SugarPuffs)
    Bring it up with the person that organises the dance group, and also bring it up with this guy who did this to you.

It's innappropriate and it has made you feel sick, so it's best to resolve any issues or problems instead of 'dealing with it' and letting him have the opportunity to do it again.

If he does do it again, even after you've confronted him about it, kick him in the nuts or something
    I found his facebook so i gots to think about it. I should have said something there and then but i was freaked out.

i love your sig, so true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I found his facebook so i gots to think about it. I should have said something there and then but i was freaked out.

i love your sig, so true.
    Well consider the consequences of bringing it up to him on Facebook; he might not take you seriously, and he may joke about it with others at the dance group gathering, which will make you feel like an outcast, just for being there.

I suggest talking to him in private, after you've been to one dance group meeting, so he fully understands that you are serious, and that you feel sick and violated because of what he did.

- And thank you The sig is meant to remind people on here about girls who'll cheat time and time again :rolleyes:

(Original post by SugarPuffs)
    Well consider the consequences of bringing it up to him on Facebook; he might not take you seriously, and he may joke about it with others at the dance group gathering, which will make you feel like an outcast, just for being there.

I suggest talking to him in private, after you've been to one dance group meeting, so he fully understands that you are serious, and that you feel sick and violated because of what he did.
    Well i'm not traumatised exactly but i just really don't like what he did. But I think i must say something.

- And thank you The sig is meant to remind people on here about girls who'll cheat time and time again :rolleyes:

and don't forget the guys as well, ladies.

Just stay away from him from now on; it was probabaly a chape attempt to turn you on

ReputationRep:
    I would bring it up with the dance instructor if I were you. Just tell him/her that this guy performed some moves whilst partnering with you that you feel were inappropriate, and that you have been feeling very uncomfortable about them, and explain that you don't want to be partnered with him any more and that you think he should be more closely supervised to ensure he doesn't do it to anybody else.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.