Turn on thread page Beta

Ex kissed me when drunk then says he doesn't remember doing it??? watch

At a party recently, my ex kept getting very close to me and was being overly friendly. I thought it was the signs that he actually still cared about me in return - then it got to the point where we actually kissed, the way we did when we were together.

The next day I confronted him about it and he said he didn't even remember what he did. He acted the total opposite the day after, didn't bother talking to me, and said he didn't know, he didn't remember and he didn't care, and for me to stop bothering him. I'm now not permitted to speak to him because he says he will get me in trouble for harrassment.

Soooo... Do guys really not remember a thing when they do things like this when they are drunk or is it a cover-up? He knows how I felt about him yet he still didn't care. It shows me he must really hate me and have absolute no concern for my feelings whatsoever. I feel like a piece of s**t. People tell me the truth 'comes out' when someone's drunk, but it's been around two months now and he hasn't bothered speaking to me properly. It appears as though it was a one off... I am so devastated

Bump

Why has no one replied

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for being harsh but i think the truth did come out.. he was looking for sex

Maybe

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about him, you'll find someone worth your time no need to rush into getting a bf they always come along when you least expect it

ReputationRep:
    It's rare you completely forget an entire night when you're drinking. He was probably looking for some action, don't get too worked up about it.

(Original post by Rookai)
    It's rare you completely forget an entire night when you're drinking. He was probably looking for some action, don't get too worked up about it.
    He knew how I felt still, why would he use me like that

ReputationRep:
    As an ex he probably doesn't care about your feelings and you'll learn that some people completely disregard your emotions in order to satisfy themselves. That's life, just learn from your mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He knew how I felt still, why would he use me like that
    You can tell he's a bit of a ****. The reason why he might have used you is perhaps that reason

(Original post by frastgouy)
    You can tell he's a bit of a ****. The reason why he might have used you is perhaps that reason
    He more or less said I am making it up to try and get him back. He says he can't remember one bit of it and for me to leave him alone. He is in love with someone else apparently, and is being really nice and caring with her, saying he wants her to be happy and he wants to protect her. He's nice to everyone else, just horrible to me

But time for me to move on I think

ReputationRep:
    He's nice to everyone else, just horrible to me

But time for me to move on I think
    I know how that feels. It's the worst feeling in the world. Makes you feel like theres something specifically wrong with you. There were times when i wanted to confront her and just shout at her face, i know it would've made me feel better, but i didn't want to make a scene. I think that whole "harassment" thing is just crap. At the end of the day, what's he going to do? If i were in your shoes, i'd confront him (perhaps on front of everyone), let everything out of your system and then say to yourself "**** him, he's not worth it. I'm better than that, i dont deserve this, his loss. I'm moving on". It's what think i should've done. I dont know if it's the best thing, but it would have made me feel a whole load better if i did. Hope this helps

(Original post by frastgouy)
    I know how that feels. It's the worst feeling in the world. Makes you feel like theres something specifically wrong with you. There were times when i wanted to confront her and just shout at her face, i know it would've made me feel better, but i didn't want to make a scene. I think that whole "harassment" thing is just crap. At the end of the day, what's he going to do? If i were in your shoes, i'd confront him (perhaps on front of everyone), let everything out of your system and then say to yourself "f*ck him, he's not worth it. I'm better than that, i dont deserve this, his loss. I'm moving on". It's what think i should've done. I dont know if it's the best thing, but it would have made me feel a whole load better if i did. Hope this helps
    Already confronted him and yelled abuse, sworn at him, sent him messages... he just laughs at me and nothing works. Then he ****s me off behind my back. It has no effect whatsoever

Thanks for your help though

Also, he told his mum and his mum messaged me saying for me to leave him alone.. It's just gone too far now I think. :/

ReputationRep:
    Already confronted him and yelled abuse, sworn at him, sent him messages... he just laughs at me and nothing works. Then he ****s me off behind my back. It has no effect whatsoever

Thanks for your help though

Also, he told his mum and his mum messaged me saying for me to leave him alone.. It's just gone too far now I think. :/
    what? no. That's not how you should have done it. Your rant at him, should be more of an explosive monologue that just lets all the tension out of your system. The whole point is to make yourself feel better. Dont do anything that'll get you a restraining order lol. Perhaps since you've already had a go at him, you've lost your opportunity to do that. But that still gives you all the more reason to say to yourself "f*ck him", like i said before. Just go out with someone new, forget all about him. If that's really his nature, then you wouldnt want to be with him and a word of evil for the sake of vengeance: slowly and subtly expose him, for what he is, like a small hole in a carbon monoxide tank that is slowly killing you without you knowing.

I know i sound like a complete maniac now, lol, but from what i can see, he has no excuse for what he did, and that's his true nature then letting people find out his true colours doesnt exactly mean you're doing much wrong.

Now i just await the heavy negging. CMON, gimme your best shot!

ReputationRep:
    he must have remembered it but lied to escape an awkward explanation. People here are right, it seems harsh but he probably wanted a bit of action, but also self assurance. YOU be the mean one now, show him you don't care for him at all and tell him that whilst you want to still be his friend, last night meant absolutely nothing to you.

(Original post by lizfairy)
    he must have remembered it but lied to escape an awkward explanation. People here are right, it seems harsh but he probably wanted a bit of action, but also self assurance. YOU be the mean one now, show him you don't care for him at all and tell him that whilst you want to still be his friend, last night meant absolutely nothing to you.
    lol I don't think it will make a difference. He's in love with someone else anyway, he's blind to anything except her. He had made it plain there will be trouble if I ever contact him again.

But thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeandLove)
    Snakwl
    Considering the thread is 6 years old, I would be worried if OP hadn't sorted their issues out by now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2017
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.