Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you know anyone who is applying/doing one of these degrees? Apparently, two non-European languages requires two years spent abroad, making your degree program last for five years. :confused:

Perhaps I'm confused because I'm used to the US system, but five years seems like quite awhile. Do you get two degrees, one for each language, or some sort of mixed degree?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I just received a reply from an admissions officer at Leeds that answered all my questions. Nice staff they have there. I definitely want to apply even more now.

ReputationRep:
    Do it. I know a guy doing Japanese and Russian like this. Two years abroad is a total plus point. It's not like there are loads of jobs for graduates at the moment anyway. Make uni last a little longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Kant Spall)
    Do you know anyone who is applying/doing one of these degrees? Apparently, two non-European languages requires two years spent abroad, making your degree program last for five years. :confused:

Perhaps I'm confused because I'm used to the US system, but five years seems like quite awhile. Do you get two degrees, one for each language, or some sort of mixed degree?
    I'm currently doing french and spanish at leeds and I have to spend a term in my second year abroad and the whole of my third year abroad - so it's only four years

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.