Who is doing or done GCE Edexcel Applied ICT Unit 1? Watch

sabik123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello there . I am doing this boring coursework which is due in for Thursday, and I still haven't completed section 'a' which is the 5 online services.

I did chose which are : download, realtime, education, communication, commerce. I did the intro for it adv, disadv, enhancements, evaluation, etc. however I now got told that you have to do all that for EACH of the THREE examples for every online services we do. is this true??

so basically if i was doing e-commerce do i have to do a intro , disadvantage advantage evaluation for three examples such as ebay, amazon and online banking?/

Please help.
day1100
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I had a B grade for my Unit 1. For 'Online Services' section, I defined the section, I gave examples of websites in each section and described what each website does and gave a brief history (Communication - Hotmail, Commerce - Amazon etc.), and then i gave an overall evaluation of each section, (so adv, disadv and conclusion for commerce as a whole). Do this for all 'Online Services' and you should be ok. :beer:
deusmaster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got an A for my Unit 1, but I think I can only help you with Education, Communication and Commerce since I did those.

I don't think you have to do 3 essays for each example. I did an intro, target audience, benefits&drawbacks, fitness for purpose, and non-internet alternatives for a general overview of e-commerce, and then for possible enhancements I evaluated only one website in full. don't stress yourself with so many examples, I think D:
tinkerbell_xxx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
can i see your work?

i do this but my teacher marked my work as a C
GreenNinjaa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by deusmaster)
I got an A for my Unit 1, but I think I can only help you with Education, Communication and Commerce since I did those.

I don't think you have to do 3 essays for each example. I did an intro, target audience, benefits&drawbacks, fitness for purpose, and non-internet alternatives for a general overview of e-commerce, and then for possible enhancements I evaluated only one website in full. don't stress yourself with so many examples, I think D:

I know its been 4 years, but if you still have your work could you send it to me please?

Much appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.38%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%