The Student Room Group

Racism on the Tram!!! Appalling!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by effofex
The petition is actually to curb population growth. Do you really think your national government will 'cap' immigration as a result of a petition? Did the UK government refrain from entering a war in Iraq on the basis of such petitions? Do you think the UK government is even in any position to cap immigration given the ease of access from any EU member state.

If your people continue to engage in 'tactical voting' at the ballot box then it is no surprise that these weird Westerners will not always get what they wanted.

This has nothing to do with what I think the government will or will not do, or what the people will or will not achieve. This has to do with you denying that the general public holds the issue of high immigration with concern, which is obviously false.

Why do you fail so hard brah?
Reply 681
Original post by diving_queen
Wow. Really?

Did you actually watch the video...

I do not need to bring religion into this thread. It is not required and will merely cause issues. The entire video was about skin racism.

The fact that you felt the need to be so rude to a stranger you have never met, about a point not even worthy. Proves how truely unimportant your statements are.

You have never met me. Don't dare judge my level of ignorance.

well you are. Since you even said you don't 'understand' why racism exists. so you yourself as ignorant of race. You admitted it. numpty..
Original post by Luxray
Believe me I know, I commute to uni everyday so I see it happening.

A month ago there was a lady who got on a busy train - she looked like an ordinary woman, but as she sat down she would speak in a very strange irish dialect some wierd verses - as if she was reciting poems. At first I thought oh is she speaking to someone using a headset but nope, just speaking allowed saying things like 'and god will perish those devils that lie ....' So then I thought she might have a mental illness. she wasnt causing any harm, but people were clearly noticing her and sort of laughing at her quietly. There was a strange sense between people in the carriage. Then suddenly her phone rang and she spoke completely normal and said her taxi was coing soon, now obviously people on the carriage were sort of stunned at what was wrong with her. But nobody wanted to ask even though I could tell a few were very curious. I wasnt myself, I wanted to listen to my music. Anyways eventually a woman sat beside her spoke to her, turns out the lady believes in Islam, Christiainity and Judaism and was speaking to God out loud. Then another person joined in a disucssion about if she was a preacher or if she should speak out loud what she was saying. Nearly the entire carriage was listening to their every word. It was so wierd.

Thats just one of the many odd things that happen on trains lol.

yeah people do listen in to others conversations, or ramblings but its all about making it look like you're so engrossed in your paper/mag or busy on the phone!

that woman was most probably psychotic.
Reply 683
Wow. Really?

I do not need to bring religion into this thread. It is not required and will merely cause issues. The entire video was about skin racism.

The fact that you felt the need to be so rude to a stranger you have never met, about a point not even worthy. Proves how truely unimportant your statements are.

cant like ur post again but, you go girl
Perhaps hundreds/thousands of years ago. When in fairness, black, white, tanned, asian people lived very different lives.

But now? Really?

It all stems back to the original times. It's a flame that the racists have kept alive through time. The manifestation it now takes is what you see from the racists on this thread. The chinese whispers may change, and excuses for racism may be covered up in different false logic as society changes, but the core stays the same. And is born out of fear and subsequently, hate. With these two emotions driving it, this explains why (as you can see on this thread) the racists not only use inaccurate arguments, but appear to get flustered easy. It's that fear and hate that's flustering them. Look at some of the language they use and you can see that they very visibly give themselves away for the emotion-driven balls of tension that they really are.
Reply 685
Original post by FluxD
This has nothing to do with what I think the government will or will not do, or what the people will or will not achieve. This has to do with you denying that the general public holds the issue of high immigration with concern, which is obviously false.

Brah? Bro?

If the general public 'hold the issue of high immigration with concern' how come this does not translate into parties such as UKIP securing a majority (they were standing a vast number of constituencies). Why would there be a need for 'tactical voting'? If it is as important an issue as you claim, as indicated from these opinion polls, you would expect to see anti-immigration parties acheive resounding success. Yet they don't. The 'tactical voting' argument suggests that in practice it cannot be such a critical issue.
Reply 686
Original post by effofex
Brah? Bro?

If the general public 'hold the issue of high immigration with concern' how come this does not translate into parties such as UKIP securing a majority (they were standing a vast number of constituencies). Why would there be a need for 'tactical voting'? If it is as important an issue as you claim, as indicated from these opinion polls, you would expect to see anti-immigration parties acheive resounding success. Yet they don't. The 'tactical voting' argument suggests that in practice it cannot be such a critical issue.

Learn2UKpolitics
Reply 687
Original post by effofex
But the majority of non-Western males do not commit such crimes. In the same way that the majority of white females do not racially abuse passers-by at random. Of course, we can play the guilt by association game in both cases, can we not?

er, do you understand the concept of overrepresentation?
Original post by FluxD
This has to do with you denying that the general public holds the issue of high immigration with concern, which is obviously false.

What do you count as the "general public"? If you count it as a majority then I'm afraid I stand by my original post. 63,000,000 population and 130,000 signatures. Got a long way to go to prove there is concern. A few misinformed bigots don't count as the "general public".

Original post by FluxD

He doesn't.
lol I actually LOVE people like her...she acts like that around her kid, let alone in public, and expects to have it cushty? To me, people like her aren't happy with their lot in life, and find something else which is fairly unrelated to blame it on.

Its not ethnic minorities darlin, you just suck at the game of life - if Britain was full of English people, you'd still the scum you are :smile:

In answer to OP, I think the reason that the second white woman only spoke up after a while is either one of two things:

1) Like me if I was there, the woman who only spoke up after a while probably thought the racist one was just chatting doo-doo, so thought "let her say her peace and shut up/ I'm not getting involved I just wanna get home". That and "people like her can't be reasoned with, so its a waste of my breath talking to her."

2) Its one of the shaming traits that's inherent in most of the population. Frankly, if it doesn't affect you directly, you're less likely to get involved. Its not so much that she harboured racist feelings, it was that she wasn't moved enough to feel she should speak up.
Original post by frankieboy
It all stems back to the original times. It's a flame that the racists have kept alive through time. The manifestation it now takes is what you see from the racists on this thread. The chinese whispers may change, and excuses for racism may be covered up in different false logic as society changes, but the core stays the same. And is born out of fear and subsequently, hate. With these two emotions driving it, this explains why (as you can see on this thread) the racists not only use inaccurate arguments, but appear to get flustered easy. It's that fear and hate that's flustering them. Look at some of the language they use and you can see that they very visibly give themselves away for the emotion-driven balls of tension that they really are.

What surpises me, is that everyone saying 'I agree, stupid immigrants taking our jobs' They need deporting'. Are one step away from this.... the sheep mentality. Is a horrendous thing.

As for the emotions, you are incredibly correct. To have a decent debate emotion is not desired nor required. Those with it will merely lose :wink:

As the picture below shows, this photo was taken in 1923. That is a mere 88 years ago. Maybe 3-4 generations. Hitler of course was a good ten years after.

We have progressed technologically in the last 30 years alone more than the entire ten's of thousands of years previously. So why are we not moving forward with racism, and putting it behind us?

Racism holds no place in our world. Why do people not understand we could all be so much happier without it....
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 691
What do you count as the "general public"? If you count it as a majority then I'm afraid I stand by my original post. 63,000,000 population and 130,000 signatures. Got a long way to go to prove there is concern. A few misinformed bigots don't count as the "general public".

He doesn't.

Well the government thinks over 100,000 signatures is enough concern to debate it in parliament. U mad?

Your vocabulary: ignorant, racist, bigot, nazi, fascist, narrow-minded, prejudice
Reply 692
Original post by lulubel
er, do you understand the concept of overrepresentation?

Yes. I do understand the concept of overrepresentation. Do you understand the concept of individual culpability?
Reply 693
Wow. Really?

Your post was ignorant because you singled out skin colour as the only reason why the woman vented her anger towards certain people on the bus. There are much wider and more legitimate reasons why people like her are angry about multiculturism but your simplistic 'skin colour' analysis shows you don't understand them.
Original post by FluxD
Well the government thinks over 100,000 signatures is enough concern to debate it in parliament. U mad?

Your vocabulary: ignorant, racist, bigot, nazi, fascist, narrow-minded, prejudice

Do you mean THIS?

Haha so the Government have to keep the nutter minority happy somehow.... so what? There'll be loads of weird and wonderful petitions passing the 100,000 mark.
Doesn't look quite as important as you were making out...

When you say "my vocabulary: " - do you mean my vocabulary "consists of the following words" or do you mean this is the overall tone you get from my vocabulary? I'm not quite with you...
Had she not been with the kid she would've probably ended up bitchslapped. Damn.
Original post by tsnake23
Your post was ignorant because you singled out skin colour as the only reason why the woman vented her anger towards certain people on the bus.

In which case I would ask you how she knew who to vent her anger towards? Could it have been the colour of their skin by any chance?
Reply 697
Do you mean THIS?

Haha so the Government have to keep the nutter minority happy somehow.... so what? There'll be loads of weird and wonderful petitions passing the 100,000 mark.
Doesn't look quite as important as you were making out...

When you say "my vocabulary: " - do you mean my vocabulary "consists of the following words" or do you mean this is the overall tone you get from my vocabulary? I'm not quite with you...

Only 5 petitions have ever gotten over 100,000 signatures including the petition that led to the vote on EU membership referendum.

So let me get this straight, personal experience in talking to a huge range of people, petitions highlighting the issue, public opinions highlighting the issue as a top priority of concern, but still immigration is a non-issue to the British people?

Your theme tune:

Can't believe people are actually shocked by this
Reply 699
I am one of the people who will instantly speak up, but really there's no point as people like that don't listen to sense. Like today some middle aged guy was arguing for the whole world to hear how the bus was late cause they put on so many of these 'paki buses' (his words not mine) so I tried to explain to him that there British just cause your not Caucasian doesn't mean your foreign if your born in Britain your British. All I got in return was swearing in my face and told go back where you come from, your not English and a whole load of racist, ignorant propaganda. I'm Caucasian, blue eye blonde hair and with a thick Mancunian accent by the way so that made me burst out laughing. Didn't realise part of being British meant you had to be racist thought being born in Britain and having a British passport meant that, my mistake.

I'm unfortunately born with strong opinions, a hatred for prejudice and inequality and a big mouth, which will probably eventually lead to me getting punched but I still never learn no matter how many times people tell me don't get involved as in my mind ignoring it doesn't solve anything if anything it makes it worse as its like bullying if no one intervenes it'll never stop. I might have made no difference to that guy today but at least the people around will know there's at least one person willing to stand up and say that's not right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending