Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for all those people that have studied the IB or are studying it in yr 12 now have you got any hints for me and my pals... well would love to hear some words of advice... THANKS

ReputationRep:
    yes, my friend airliestar and i jsut started and were finding it difficult. any tips would be GREATLY appreciated. ive posted this in a few forums because i dont know who will read it so yeh. also, ive noticed that a lot of people ARENT doing an art. is there any reason for this? please help us newbies!!

xx

ReputationRep:
    First art:
    I heard that it is difficult but I not taking it so cant say anything more.

-DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ON THE FIRST YEAR. I hjave deadlines for EE, TOK essay, Math project next week and i'am not finished with any of them.
    -Do as much CAS in first year as possible especially service and creativity. Action is easy to do.
    -Do not leave any work for summer vaction. You wont do it. Trust me
    -Chem HL, Math HL, two hardest subjects in IB
    -This is hardest thing to do - study 30 minutes everyday any subject no matter which one. I suggest most difficult ones.. Ofcourse above what you are required.

ReputationRep:
    lol my physics teacher sed we sould do 2 hours of every higher every day :P bt aside from that yeah study hard do CAS year 1 and ne offer they give u to do science coursework in y1 take it its the only subject at our school where we have coursework offered first year

ReputationRep:
    I would say that it's good to work regularly and not just before tests/exams.

ReputationRep:
    learn what kind of teacher you have, like a teacher who uses alot of I.B questions, a teacher who likes alot of projects, a teacher who favours those who suck up, if you know what kind of teacher you have then that will help you survive

ReputationRep:
    Do as much CAS in the first year as humanly possible. I finished my CAS after my first year which relieved the pressure for me this year.

What ever EVER you do, DONT procrastinate...that's academic suicide. Suddenly you end up with about 5 deadlines and you're haven't done any of them. The teachers might help you with your internal assignments but they can't keep chasing after you. You have to know what needs to be done and do it.

My school reccommends 4 hours of work on each subject per week outside class and at least 2.5 hours of homework every night (or something like that)

Realise that you have no social life in the 2nd year, what with deadlines and work and revision. Bear it with. It will be over soon. (To quote my teacher: "Life? What life? You don't have a life until June!" )

ReputationRep:
    DONT PROCRATINATE DO YOUR WORK NOW!!!!!!!!111

________________________________ ___

www.biznesswize.ws watch a ferrari take off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    http://www.home-biz-guide.blogspot.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    Realise that you have no social life in the 2nd year, what with deadlines and work and revision. Bear it with. It will be over soon. (To quote my teacher: "Life? What life? You don't have a life until June!" )
    My teacher has similar quote.

ReputationRep:
    I think the most important thing in IB is to finish the ee on time as well as TOK essay and to study the hl subjects at most, everything else is less important

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.