Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm from Canada, and i just want to know what kind of grades you think are

high enough to study philosophy at Durham. Basically, canadian grades for

acceptance into Durham . Not sure yet what course in philosopy; maybe

philosophy and politics.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Canadian and currently studying at Durham so I'll try to answer this. I needed 37 IB points for consideration but I believed they raised it to 38 for entry - which would be roughly high 80s to be considered, 90s in your top 6 to be competitive. It'd be similar to the grades you would need to apply to McGill but slightly higher.

I recommend you e-mail the admissions tutor for the department you're applying to or just ask your guidance counsellor.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot. I haven't applied yet, but what grades do they look at: end of term ? or midterm?

Planning to apply in December.

ReputationRep:
    No worries. You're going to have to ask the admissions department but I'd assume they'd look at your most-recent grades? I applied with my IB marks, not Canadian marks but I was given a Canadian condition of 80% in the Top 6. I don't know how telling of admissions standards that is because a friend at Oxford had the same condition.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.