Turn on thread page Beta

Anon or delete.

Me and this girl have known each other for years and we have got together, but it's confusing. Whatever happens between us, I know I would like to remain friends because I care about her. For example, I just can't let go and walk away and never speak to her again if we broke up. By caring about her (regardless of being together or not), I mean things such as: Is she doing ok? Has she lost weight from not eating properly? How's her studies going? Is she enjoying it? and even if she got together with another person, I would worry if he's treating her well and whether he deserves her and I would not like him to hurt her.

I basically care about her as if she was a family member, the genuine unconditional love you have for a brother/sister/mother/father etc.

If I treat her like she is family, and all the above is applicable, is this what love is? Because we all know love is not like it is in the movies where it is all head in the clouds 24/7. I do love her in that way as mentioned above. I certainly don't lust or am infactuated with just what's on the outside. The way I feel would not change if we both aged.

Any help is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    By my definition: Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Well love doesn't just mean romantic love, so yes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.