Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Some of you may know me for my trolling on this forum but this is a serious post.

With the prospect of becoming an unemployed bum at the end of the year, and the governments work experience scheme not being particularly comforting, I may start a movement called the British Youth Unemployment Movement or BYUM for short.

However first I need to gauge the number of people that will be interested.

This is what I propose:

-Create BYUM website with a integrated forum (with regional subsections)
    -Use the forum to join other unemployed bums in your regional area to engage in entrepreneurial activity (think the apprentice but be realistic)
    -Use advertising/sponsor ship to generate money for projects

Basically its a tool to help you generate ideas and find a group of people you can work with to form mini businesses and develop a wide range of skills. Hopefully you will then have something impressive to put on your CV or you may just start up a business!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Bloodbath;35109103]Some of you may know me for my trolling on this forum but this is a serious post.QUOTE]

You've already lost me.

ReputationRep:
    Just a curious if slightly weird question, why not simply call it the Youth unemployment movement?

YUM sounds so much better.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Bill_Gates;35109112]
    (Original post by Bloodbath)
    Some of you may know me for my trolling on this forum but this is a serious post.QUOTE]

You've already lost me.
    Well people may question this post cos I am a troll. However this thread is serious. It really is very serious. Did I say how serious this thread is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    Just a curious if slightly weird question, why not simply call it the Youth unemployment movement?

YUM sounds so much better.
    Idea noted. BYUM is now YUM. I had been trying to get it to say BUM but it just wouldn't work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosalind)
    I would have thought 'youth employment movement' makes more sense

you sound like you're advocating unemployment whereas surely your aim is to counteract it!
    I am sure the exact name could be sorted later. I just wanting to see if others like the idea and would like to get involved

ReputationRep:
    BYUM

Do you not see anything wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    do it, what's the worst that could happen?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.