2.04%
    Full time student with no job
    34.69%
    student with a part time job
    48.98%
    Student with a full time job
    14.29%

ReputationRep:
    Where/how long do you work and what are you studying?

Personally I attend Uni 3 days a week and work at Sainsburys and earn about £6.74 an hour, not great i know but its a good weekend job and its a local store so its very easy work, it took me since 2008 to find an actual weekend job, i have only managed to find cleaning jobs and 1 £2.50 an hour 16 hour a week ''apprenticeship'' at Tesco back in 2010. I was very lucky to get the job and today a customer came in asking for jobs for her daughter and i told her i was sorry but we didnt have any vacancies, and it got me thinking about this lost generation, her daughter is my age and hasnt been able to find a single job in years, so how many of you have managed to find work?

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently working full time as a legal assistant whilst doing the GDL part-time (6-9 Tuesday & Thursday plus outside study).

ReputationRep:
    There's no poll..

But I work from home for a company that provides content (articles, reviews etc) for websites. Basically there's a huge database of work that needs to be done, and the staff can choose the jobs that they feel they could do the best. I have worked in this job right from when I was 18 (I'm now 21) and am trying to fit in 40 hours a week at the moment. I'm doing okay at that right now because the deadlines aren't too bad, but I will probably have to cut down on it drastically when I'm doing my dissertation next semester. Hopefully I'll still be able to fit in at least 20 hours though, as I'm prepared to work 12 hours on Saturdays and Sundays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    There's no poll..

But I work from home for a company that provides content (articles, reviews etc) for websites. Basically there's a huge database of work that needs to be done, and the staff can choose the jobs that they feel they could do the best. I have worked in this job right from when I was 18 (I'm now 21) and am trying to fit in 40 hours a week at the moment. I'm doing okay at that right now because the deadlines aren't too bad, but I will probably have to cut down on it drastically when I'm doing my dissertation next semester. Hopefully I'll still be able to fit in at least 20 hours though, as I'm prepared to work 12 hours on Saturdays and Sundays.
    nice, and yah there should be one now

ReputationRep:
    seems most of us are students with a part time job, but then again only 7 people have voted lol

ReputationRep:
    it seems no one is unemployed and not a student here, hmm i call bs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus2sik)
    If I were neither employed nor a student I probably wouldn't be clicking onto a thread which asked 'how many of you are studying around a part time or full time job?'....

ReputationRep:
    I'm a full time student and I also work between 20-28 hours a week at my local cinema.

ReputationRep:
    Full time student at college and work about 20 hours a week

ReputationRep:
    Undergrad working 16-20hrs/w in a bar.

ReputationRep:
    How can you be a student with a full time job? You wouldn't be a student then

ReputationRep:
    Full time student whilst working 16-18 hours a week its seriously killing me, I have a week to do two 2500 word essays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    Part time is still being a student, as is doing your undergrad through the OU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scribble_girl)
    If I were neither employed nor a student I probably wouldn't be clicking onto a thread which asked 'how many of you are studying around a part time or full time job?'....
    when i was unemployed a large part of time was spent trolling on here, i guarantee a lot of other people do the same, dont be so close minded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    40 hours working plus night classes maybe?

ReputationRep:
    when i was unemployed a large part of time was spent trolling on here, i guarantee a lot of other people do the same, dont be so close minded
    If you're trolling you'll just vote differently anyway to screw up the poll... :p:

I'm not saying it's only students on here (I'm having a sneaky TSR sesh while at work :p:) I'm just saying that the way the thread title is phrased it doesn't imply that there'll be a relevant option for those not working or in education, which might skew your poll results

ReputationRep:
    I am and I'm lurking this thread :ahee:. I also started looking for a job in 2008, though I didn't start trying hard enough till 2010. I was thinking of doing OU but I'm not sure what subjects I like yet, so I'm just trying concentrate on getting a job for now.

ReputationRep:
    I do 5 A Levels so my timetable's full and I'm in at sixth form all day, and I work at McDonalds 1-2 shifts per week (which are 6-8 hours long) because my parents don't really have enough money to give me for going out, clothes, whatever thigs I want. I only get money for the tram/bus and food from them.

ReputationRep:
    Full time student seeking part time job. I'm at uni and have plenty of time to work, unlike in college, plus money is more important now than when I lived at home. I would say though, from the people I know, the vast majority of us don't have jobs and live off loans and out of mummy and daddy's purse.

ReputationRep:
    attached to fulltime university course (msc advanced mechanical engineering), but with fulltime work O.O'' money too good to turn down, and not in my interest to reduce the number of hours i work.

however most work hours either afternoon start or on weekends, so while i unfortunately am not 100% good with attending the classes, i'm not terrible either.....better than some o fthem who don't turn up,and they dont even have any kind of employment. tutors are very understanding - especially as i have got 79, 83 and 86 in the first 3 coursework assignments and email them my homework days before due time. i can manage :}}}}}}}

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.