Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I've got a project to do for Mental Health law and I need some help, I've done some research, but its no lie to say that I'm a terrible researcher... so any help as to where to look or anything will be much appreciated.

Basically I need help finding out about how a prisoner, who has been transferred to a mental health hospital for treatment, can CONTEST the transference BACK to prison (from hospital) and what they can do to try and get BACK to prison against the hospitals wishes/recommendation.

In both the scenarios the prisoner is already in hospital, the only difference is that either the hospital is trying to send them back, and they don't want to go back to prison, or the prisoner wants to got back to prison (presumably they don't believe they need treatment) but the hospital wants to keep them in hospital.

I need to know the law as it stands in the UK, as well as the prisoners rights and responsibilities, with cases if you can.

Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 28, 2011

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.