Grandparents first time abroad? Watch

And then...
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
My grandparents are wanting to go abroad for the first time, but have no idea where they want to go so though I'd ask you lovely people.

- Less than 4 hours plane journey.
- Not too cultural yet no Brit abroad places.
- No city breaks.

Budget they are looking at about £500 per a person, not including spending money. The only place I can think of is Puerto Pollensa, anybody any other ideas?
PeaceFreak
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Halkidiki, one of the Greek Islands or the nicer side of the Balearics will probably be best.

Personally i would recommend here http://www.saniholidays.com/ as I've been a few times and it's really really nice with lots of nice restaurants in the marina. If you go Late may - Mid June prices should be a lot cheaper than in July etc
nexttime
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There are plenty of Nice French towns out there. Could even go by ferry!
Origami Bullets
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Santorini?

It's a nice Greek island, not too cultural (although it is meant to be the basis for the legend of Atlantis), nice and warm, and a nice mix of towns, villages and beachy-type areas.

There's also a volcano that you can reach by boat, which was quite an enjoyable trip.
b1505
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My grandparents went to Cyprus a few years back and loved it.
Grawr
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You might want to take a look at the Saga website, they do holidays for over 50's. You might find something in there
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (883)
90.75%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (90)
9.25%

Watched Threads