Putting Weight On... Watch

X33L33
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello peoples

I have asked the same question for a few off my mates who are big lads and they all said the same, eat more. Now i have a high / fast metabolism and i just can't but the weight on.

I have seen online on how to slow it down and i have done this increased my meals from 3 to 6 a day and don't seen any improvements and i can't understand.

If anyone has any ideas to help me out that would be great as i have just lost it and given up.

lol thanks peeps
chronic_fatigue
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maybe you are not eating more of the right stuff. What do you usually eat and how much?
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
An outline of what you're eating on an average day would be nice.
~Kat~
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you want to gain weight you just have to be eating constantly. Things like steak and high protein foods.
- Source: guy down gym
mordorian
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
maybe instead of trying to gain fat, attempt gaining muscle, as overall its better for you and will bulk you out in much the same way (but in the right places).
X33L33
Rep:
?
well through a day i would eat in the morning... egg butties then little after porridge... then for lunch i would eat tuna sandwich and some pasta. then when i get home i would eat anything from.. chicken , steak , salad the job lot.. and in my house hold theres me. my mrs and daughter but i get 2 meals of tht then i would eat something after..

now know in me i am probably eating the wrong things... lol
keepoffthelawn
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i eat more than you haha! You need to eat more!!

also you might find this useful: http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/08/...erd-manifesto/
McHumpy92
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just eat more crap then like pizza, burgers etc...if you're getting enough protein and training, but not getting the calories in just get dirty calories in. They're by far the easiest and tastiest way to get in the calories.

Also drink more milk, full fat or semi-skimmed will do.
Last edited by McHumpy92; 6 years ago
Venomilys
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you should ask TTTB, she does it all the time.
X33L33
Rep:
?
(Original post by keepoffthelawn)
i eat more than you haha! You need to eat more!!

also you might find this useful: http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/08/...erd-manifesto/
thanks for that am going to read up on this now, and yeah Ilyas ill ask TTTB and i will see what happens anyway thanks everyone for ur comments and answers i will keep you up dated anyway
tinktinktinkerbell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ilyas)
you should ask TTTB, she does it all the time.
i dont actually

trolls get banned
brightbulb
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Eat high calorie foods. You should also do some weight/strength excercises to build up muscle
DScofield
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Drink a lot of milk: 2-4 ltrs / day. That has helped many of my friends that are 'hard gainers' or whatever they call themselves.
Arcanine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Eat everything in sight and lift.
corbinasbill
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you want to gain weight you just have to be eating constantly
Beardbrah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
"ohhh i cant put weight on, i have a fast metabolism" can people shut the **** up

a) for starters, if you're a skinny guy, with little muscle, actually you have a slower metabolism, because you have less metabolically active tissue

b) if you aren't gaining weight, keep upping the calories til you do. 3000 every day for 4 weeks. No gains, lifts dont go up? 3500 a day for 4 weeks. Keep going til you eat enough to up the lifts and put on weight ffs, its not even hard, its simple

c) increased meal frequency slowing down metabolism or speeding it up or affecting it in anyway IS A MYTH. THIS HAS BEEN PROVED BY SCIENTIFIC STUDIES. Meal frequency has no effect on metabolism.

d) dont expect to see much happen in say 4 weeks. If you lift heavy and eat enough and dont see any progress in 4 weeks, LOL try 6 months then you should worry about why its not working. Just be patient and stick with it, doesn't happen overnight.
Ricky116
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HFerguson)
"ohhh i cant put weight on, i have a fast metabolism" can people shut the **** up

a) for starters, if you're a skinny guy, with little muscle, actually you have a slower metabolism, because you have less metabolically active tissue

b) if you aren't gaining weight, keep upping the calories til you do. 3000 every day for 4 weeks. No gains, lifts dont go up? 3500 a day for 4 weeks. Keep going til you eat enough to up the lifts and put on weight ffs, its not even hard, its simple

c) increased meal frequency slowing down metabolism or speeding it up or affecting it in anyway IS A MYTH. THIS HAS BEEN PROVED BY SCIENTIFIC STUDIES. Meal frequency has no effect on metabolism.

d) dont expect to see much happen in say 4 weeks. If you lift heavy and eat enough and dont see any progress in 4 weeks, LOL try 6 months then you should worry about why its not working. Just be patient and stick with it, doesn't happen overnight.
Good lord, rep this man. Calories in > calories out. Not putting on weight? Then more calories in.

That is all.

People who say they eat alot often have no idea what 'alot' actually is.
mono217
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HFerguson)

:borat::ditto::shakehand:
X33L33
Rep:
?
ok thanks for that well tht sure helped me out thanks mate
X33L33
Rep:
?
and thanks to anyone else to has helped out i will go away and see how i do
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (635)
91.1%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (62)
8.9%

Watched Threads