Turn on thread page Beta

Why am I attracted to different races of men and women? watch

Anon because I know people on here. Please delete the other thread I made which is similar

OK so here's the deal. I'm an Indian girl. I'm bisexual...yeah i know lol

And my attraction to people is kinda weird. When it comes to guys i'm attracted to all races but seem to prefer white guys for some reason. And when it comes to girls...again i'm attracted to all races but seem to prefer Indian girls. Does anyone think this is weird? I mean wouldn't it make more sense if I preferred Indian people or White people of BOTH genders? Why do you think this is? I have no problem with it or anything but I am confused as to why I feel this way?

I KNOW none of you are psychologists or anything LOL and you can't tell me why I feel this way but I just want to hear other people's thoughts on this

thanks

anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Why is anyone attracted to anyone?

Why do you even care?

ReputationRep:
    No idea...nothing actually wrong with it though so I wouldn't be worried about it.
    The real problem is telling your parents your bi, if you haven't already, since I've heard Indian families are strict about this kinda stuff, though depends on the actual family obvs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon because I know people on here. Please delete the other thread I made which is similar

OK so here's the deal. I'm an Indian girl. I'm bisexual...yeah i know lol

And my attraction to people is kinda weird. When it comes to guys i'm attracted to all races but seem to prefer white guys for some reason. And when it comes to girls...again i'm attracted to all races but seem to prefer Indian girls. Does anyone think this is weird? I mean wouldn't it make more sense if I preferred Indian people or White people of BOTH genders? Why do you think this is? I have no problem with it or anything but I am confused as to why I feel this way?

I KNOW none of you are psychologists or anything LOL and you can't tell me why I feel this way but I just want to hear other people's thoughts on this

thanks
    Sounds like someone has been watching a lot of Hollywood (white guys) and Bollywood (scantily clad, airbrushed Indian girls).

Some people have particularly impressionable sexual tastes. If they made music videos that sexualised chairs, they'd probably have an inanimate object fetish.

(Original post by Ski_girl)
    No idea...nothing actually wrong with it though so I wouldn't be worried about it.
    The real problem is telling your parents your bi, if you haven't already, since I've heard Indian families are strict about this kinda stuff, though depends on the actual family obvs.
    that's not a problem. i've told them already

(Original post by Ciaran88)
    Sounds like someone has been watching a lot of Hollywood (white guys) and Bollywood (scantily clad, airbrushed Indian girls).

Some people have particularly impressionable sexual tastes. If they made music videos that sexualised chairs, they'd probably have an inanimate object fetish.
    If it was to do with movies wouldn't I be attracted to white girls and Indian guys as well?

I dunno..maybe its because most of my friends (girls) are Indian so I feel more comfortable around them?

ReputationRep:
    If it was to do with movies wouldn't I be attracted to white girls and Indian guys as well?

I dunno..maybe its because most of my friends (girls) are Indian so I feel more comfortable around them?
    To be honest I think it's been said already, why do you care? It doesn't matter.

(Original post by Ciaran88)
    To be honest I think it's been said already, why do you care? It doesn't matter.
    Its not that it bothers me or that is actually matters or anything. I just thought it was a bit weird and I wondering why I had different racial preferences for different genders. But never mind...I guess this was the wrong place to ask this question.

ReputationRep:
    that's not a problem. i've told them already
    Ah, well good for you. (:
    Sorry I'm not really being of any help :L

(Original post by Ski_girl)
    Ah, well good for you. (:
    Sorry I'm not really being of any help :L
    haha that's alright. I don't think I was expecting any real helpful answers. thanks for trying

I'm also a bisexual Indian girl, but I'm sort of the opposite of you. I'm mostly attracted to Mediterranean women and Indian men. I've only ever fancied Indian men.

I know people go on about ethnic minorities being homophobic, but my friends and family have been totally fine with this.

ReputationRep:
    Ermm i dont think attraction is something we can control ... go for white men if you please and if you fancy indian women then go for them too ..

ReputationRep:
    Well this can be a very overgeneralisation but peoplle, through a old primal instinctual way, can be attracted to completly different races due to the high difference in genes (healthier babies the further the genes are between the parents) So that maybe could hint at why you prefer white guys, since the prospect, subconsciously, of children :L
    e.g. Im russian (siberian) and unintentionaly Ive been with pure british guys, white, blue eyes. -.-

And perhaps you prefer indian girls is because you find them more attractive because they are in your comfort zone as you've most likely grown up with indian girls all your life and have that connection with them?

Ah I dunno :L

(Original post by chuckaduckitskat)
    Well this can be a very overgeneralisation but peoplle, through a old primal instinctual way, can be attracted to completly different races due to the high difference in genes (healthier babies the further the genes are between the parents) So that maybe could hint at why you prefer white guys, since the prospect, subconsciously, of children :L
    e.g. Im russian (siberian) and unintentionaly Ive been with pure british guys, white, blue eyes. -.-

And perhaps you prefer indian girls is because you find them more attractive because they are in your comfort zone as you've most likely grown up with indian girls all your life and have that connection with them?

Ah I dunno :L
    that's a very good point actually. thanks

I'm also a bisexual Indian girl, but I'm sort of the opposite of you. I'm mostly attracted to Mediterranean women and Indian men. I've only ever fancied Indian men.

I know people go on about ethnic minorities being homophobic, but my friends and family have been totally fine with this.
    :eek: i thought we were a rare breed haha so you're not attracted to indian women and white men? did you live in india before you moved? if you did...was it like this in india as well? or only after you moved?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.