The Student Room Group

Racist Woman On Tram - Charged.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bill_Gates
I think she needs some education rather than a sentence. Back to nursery she goes.

Think it'll take light years, to educate this troglodyte.
Reply 21
Original post by Mr_Deeds
She's being charged, not for holding an opinion, but for the manner in which she expressed it. With rights come responsibilities; you confuse liberty with license.
You are not free if you may not express yourself freely.
And now it seems you're wrong:

A British Transport Police spokesman said: "The video posted on YouTube and
Twitter has been brought to our attention and our officers have launched an
investigation.

"At present it is not entirely clear which tram stops the offence took place
between and when it occurred. As a result we need anyone who witnessed this
incident, or with any information that could assist our investigation -
including the identity of the woman - to contact us.

"We will not tolerate racism in any form on the rail network and will do
everything in our power to locate the person responsible."

The 'offence' was 'racism' -- having doubleplus ungood opinions.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by nmds
You are not free if you may not express yourself freely.

But do you not agree that one man's freedom is another man's slavery? Even the most fervent supporters of freedom of expression (of which I am one) believe that there have to be limits and restrictions on the exercise of personal freedoms.

Should a paedophile be permitted to publish explicit material of vulnerable children in the name of freedom of expression? What about the disgruntled government official who wants to leak highly sensitive, secret information which may put the livelihood of a whole nation in jeapordy?

I don't object to people holding racist/homophobic/sexist views (rather, I pity them). I do care, however, when people claim a personal right to carelessly voice racist views irrespective of the rights and freedoms of others.
Original post by Komnenos
The only reason she is being charged is because her stupid babblings happened to be offensive to the political elite.

General public?
Reply 24
Another factor that makes my town (croydon) a dump....

glad she got charged tho!
Lol shariah law would mean she would probably be whipped....for once I wouldn't mind if they whipped some sense into that racist swearing *****.
Reply 26
Ah, Croydon.
Reply 27
Hope she rots in hell, racist bitch!
Original post by blu tack

Original post by blu tack
Apart from that, I'm a bit uncomfortable with how she's been treated by the public- the way to counter racism is not with misogny and classism guys :frown:

Maybe everyone is just ignorant deep down, but the ignorance is more obvious in some, than others...
Original post by blueray

Original post by blueray
Lol shariah law would mean she would probably be whipped....for once I wouldn't mind if they whipped some sense into that racist swearing *****.

What 5 letter word gets starred here? :beard:
Reply 30
Original post by Dekota-XS
She should be castrated.

Too late. She already has kids.
Original post by Rtcw
Too late. She already has kids.

D'oh.
I hope they throw the book at her and give her the education she clearly missed.
Reply 33
Original post by Komnenos
Pathetic. I'm glad its now a crime to hold the wrong opinion and speak your mind about it. Congrats Britain.

Also, before you come at me with the whole "she was disturbing the peace!!!", there are many times crazy/drunk people have caused a scene when I'm on the tube or a bus. Nothing happens.

The only reason she is being charged is because her stupid babblings happened to be offensive to the political elite.

Lol so you are telling me that you have no understanding as to why she was arrested?
Reply 34
Original post by Mr_Deeds
But do you not agree that one man's freedom is another man's slavery?

It appears that the 'freedom' of people to colonise England has resulted in the slavery of the English. Slavery is violation of consent. This lady, like most of us did not consent to being colonised. Now she may not even express resentment about her country being colonised.

Should a paedophile be permitted to publish explicit material of vulnerable children in the name of freedom of expression?
Vague.
What about the disgruntled government official who wants to leak highly sensitive, secret information which may put the livelihood of a whole nation in jeapordy?
Sounds like he means to violate a contract and harm people. Not the same. This lady is complaining about a breaking of the social contract among citizens to be loyal to one another over foreigners, and about the harm done to her people.

I don't object to people holding racist/homophobic/sexist views (rather, I pity them). I do care, however, when people claim a personal right to carelessly voice racist views irrespective of the rights and freedoms of others.
We have no right to insist that views we do not like are silenced.
(edited 12 years ago)

I sort of called that :tongue: but yeah, even though she'd probably spit in my face I have some empathy for her.

But just as much that is due a mother with mental health issues. Is she a single parent? Or is there a partner?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by JongKey
Still haven't found nica....ga..wa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicaragua
Original post by + polarity -

Original post by + polarity -
What 5 letter word gets starred here? :beard:

Can't say got 7 warning points for doing so :gah: Even when I stated the first letter of it :moon: some mods are too harsh.
Reply 38
Original post by Dee Leigh
Good. Hope she isn't let off with a slap on the wrist.

EDIT: And I agree, she's needs some education.

Who needs freedom of speech anyway :colone:
Reply 39
What's wrong with you, you pieces of ****s? Bunch of barbarians is what you are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending