The Student Room Group

Is my friend taking the piss and using me?

So i have a friend who is an international student. He's far from poor as both his parents own their own hospital back home; his dad is a surgeon i think and his mum a dentist.

He recently ran out of money and has been living on 500 calories a day. This is the second time he hasnt had food to eat only this time its more serious.
The first time around, he spent all his money on shoes, Hed buy a customised pair of Air Force One's at £120 minimum multiple times a semester and he even bought a PS3 and a HDTV for his room.

He's not been to any lectures for 2 weeks and always asks to borrow my notes. I fidn it really annoying and feel like im being taken advantage of.
I'm a nice guy and i want to help him out because i'd like it if someone did that for me when i got into trouble but if i ever got into trouble nobody would helpme and if they did, they'd just do it with contempt.

I lent him £30 which he spent on Dominos about a week ago and then repaid me by borrowing from somebody else. This time he's asking for £50 and wants to do online shopping at Asda and then buy some stuff in other shops. I think this is really fussy especially the online shopping as he cant exaclty choose (beggars cant be choosers e.t.c)
I know he will pay me back though.

I feel really angry about this as he was just playing PS3 in his room when i went in.
Should i help him or not?
Reply 1
If you still want to help him out and you know that he will pay you back, instead of giving him the money you should do his online Asda shop and pay for it (obviously do it with him). Then you know he's not spending the money on other things.
If he's that hard up and desperate for food then he'd agree to do it this way.

Edit: As for the lecture notes just don't let him have them. He needs to learn that not everyone in life will help him out and do everything for him!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Stop helping him. Let him learn from his mistakes. He sounds like a spoilt idiot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending