Turn on thread page Beta

fml, just ate raw chicken watch

ReputationRep:
    Made what I thought was an amazing dish - chicken in a white wine and cheese sauce, olive and oregano bread with butter and chopped mushrooms/red peppers.. Tasted yummy, got to the end of the dish and uh-oh, the one remaining piece of chicken is raw. It's white but with beautiful red arteries (?) running through the entire layer. I've consumed about three mini fillets of it, thinking they were fully cooked as it's been in the oven for an hour and was bubbling!

Anyway - what can eating raw chicken do to you? Should I go throw the lot up to prevent any issues? Or will I most likely be fine?

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably be fine, but if you're anything like me i had 4 days of literally no sleep due to being up all night vomiting and suffering from diarrhea. After that you'll get better in my experience.
    It's up to you weather you vomit it up now however i can't see how it would make much difference? Wouldn't the bacteria already be inside your stomach so they will already be making you ill.

ReputationRep:
    You will be fine. Sounds like it was cooked anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You might get diorrhea or salmonella . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrybithell196)
    You'll probably be fine, but if you're anything like me i had 4 days of literally no sleep due to being up all night vomiting and suffering from diarrhea. After that you'll get better in my experience.
    It's up to you weather you vomit it up now however i can't see how it would make much difference? Wouldn't the bacteria already be inside your stomach so they will already be making you ill.
    Oh fabulous I have a dodgy tummy/digestive system anyway so if there's anything dodgy, chances are I'll react..

Don't think I will bother spewing it up now, as my flatmates are both in and could probably do without me hurling up all over the bathroom if it's not completely necessary... hopefully it'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    If its been cooking for an hour it should have been completely cooked through.
    Most meat has veins etc running through it so that is totally normal.
    Try not to think about it! The more you think about it the worse you will feel!

4 mini fillets in the oven for an hour?!

If anything they were overcooked...

You'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    How could you not tell it was raw by its texture and taste? o__O

ReputationRep:
    You might die.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the offending chicken..

It was mixed in with a very thick sauce hence why I cooked it for so long..
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisydaffodil)
    It's white but with beautiful red arteries (?) running through the entire layer.
    That's not raw. As long as the meat is white, eating the blood vessel / tendony bits doesn't feel nice but they're not going to harm you.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Red arteries are fine. If it was white all the way through then it should be fine. When you mean it was raw, do you mean it was cold and a bit rubbery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    That is minging
    It looks a lot more normal on the plate, honest the photo has made it look really strange!

ReputationRep:
    It looks a lot more normal on the plate, honest the photo has made it look really strange!
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's not raw.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway - what can eating raw chicken do to you? Should I go throw the lot up to prevent any issues? Or will I most likely be fine?

****ing hell. This is some dumb ****.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it might be ok to be honest. I hate it though I've done this before and all I could do was wait and see if it was gonna kill me haha :')

[i was fine btw]

ReputationRep:
    Ew just saw the photo! Nasty!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's cooked. It just has blood vessels in it which isn't harmful.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Here's the offending chicken..

It was mixed in with a very thick sauce hence why I cooked it for so long..
    Are you sure that's dead? :eek:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2011
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.