The Student Room Group

Why have you not tried 'drugs'?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by TheSingingMute
Kids break into parents drinking cabinet, have a sip of whisky, kids are fine.

Kids break into parents heroine cabinet, have an inject, kids aren't fine.

Personally I have always stayed away from the heroine cabinet at my house...

And I like how in your mind a child breaks into some alcohol cabinet and has a "sip" of whiskey, but when they break into the "heroine cabinet" they fill a hypodermic needle with heroine, make a make-shift tourniquet, and inject it into their veins...

LOL
Original post by Dalee
Personally I have always stayed away from the heroine cabinet at my house...

And I like how in your mind a child breaks into some alcohol cabinet and has a "sip" of whiskey, but when they break into the "heroine cabinet" they fill a hypodermic needle with heroine, make a make-shift tourniquet, and inject it into their veins...

LOL

What can I say, this is what happens in the real world.
I can be relaxed, happy and having fun without drugs. I have some friends who do drugs, and to be honest their futures don't look great :frown: (I'm not saying they are terrible people, as people can change), and from my experiences of being with them, what they call a 'great night', I found boring and uncomfortable. This is why I've stayed away from drugs, but if they enjoy it, then fine by me because people shouldn't judge each other (who aren't harming anyone, if you know what I mean.)
Original post by n00
Why is it idiotic? What evidence is there that it is harmful to someone of sound mind? Caffeine can induce psychosis, does that make coffee and tea drinkers idiotic?

idiotic based on this and the 3 other points i mentioned just before.
But even taking this point in isolation, i wouldnt recommend taking concentrated doses of caffeine either, drinking tea or coffee in normal amounts has never resulted in any cases of such. You are not taking ketamine additive in a cup of tea, you are taking a concentrated dose.

And if caffeine was more effective in causing psychosis in humans than ketamine, dont you think trial scientists would use that instead? Didnt think that through did you.

For the record i dont drink coffee, only green tea
(edited 12 years ago)
At present I smoke cannabis regularly (4/5 days a week providing I have no deadlines), and take MDMA on occasion (probably averages out at once a month). I have also tried mcat (dirty drug, horrible comedown and you fiend for it), cocaine (only one very small line, it was decent quality stuff but I didnt really care for it, and even if I did it was only ever going to be a one time thing, cokes a serious drug), and salvia (absolutely jokes, buy a gram and invite a few mates over, you will have one of the funniest nights of your lives).

I plan on trying ket sometime soon, (i have turned it down in the past but friends who have experience with it have won me over, and we have just found a reliable source) mushrooms (probably in 'dam in the summer) and acid (very nervous about acid, very intense drug, I dont know when I will try this as dont have a reliable source but have my ears open)

Not what the OP was asking for, but just thought I would chip in with my experiences.
Reply 245
Original post by I-Am-A-Tripod
idiotic based on this and the 3 other points i mentioned just before.

Well that isn't what you originally said.

To play around with a substance that has this much power over brain function is frankly idiotic.

Given that there is little evidence that this is harmful to someone of sound mind and assuming they have weighed up the other pros and cons it doesn't seem the slightest bit idiotic to me.

Original post by I-Am-A-Tripod
But even taking this point in isolation, i wouldnt recommend taking concentrated doses of caffeine either, drinking tea or coffee in normal amounts has never resulted in any cases of such. You are not taking ketamine additive in a cup of tea, you are taking a concentrated dose.

And if caffeine was more effective in causing psychosis in humans than ketamine, dont you think trial scientists would use that instead? Didnt think that through did you.

For the record i dont drink coffee, only green tea

Indeed people generally take a safe dose of caffeine as do they with ketamine. If ketamine is used to induce psychosis in clinical trials then presumably it is considered very unlikely to trigger permanent psychosis and that a dose required to trigger psychotic symptoms will not be close to a lethal dose so yes more effective than caffeine. Didnt think that through did you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 246
I used to smoke weed on occasion (i.e. whenever my flatmate would score some and I could get it for virtually nothing...) and have tried MDMA and cocaine, neither of which I would have me rushing back for more.

Haven't done anything 'harder' (acid especially) for the simple reason that I am too big of a pussy.
Original post by DaveSmith99
At present I smoke cannabis regularly (4/5 days a week providing I have no deadlines), and take MDMA on occasion (probably averages out at once a month). I have also tried mcat (dirty drug, horrible comedown and you fiend for it), cocaine (only one very small line, it was decent quality stuff but I didnt really care for it, and even if I did it was only ever going to be a one time thing, cokes a serious drug), and salvia (absolutely jokes, buy a gram and invite a few mates over, you will have one of the funniest nights of your lives).

I plan on trying ket sometime soon, (i have turned it down in the past but friends who have experience with it have won me over, and we have just found a reliable source) mushrooms (probably in 'dam in the summer) and acid (very nervous about acid, very intense drug, I dont know when I will try this as dont have a reliable source but have my ears open)

Not what the OP was asking for, but just thought I would chip in with my experiences.

:facepalm2:
Original post by Piddly
I would find it horrible to be trapped in a sober mind 24/7.

Then I feel sorry for you as you must have a very boring and sad life.
Reply 249
Original post by Piddly
Obviously this thread only applies to people who do not experiment with drugs (excluding alcohol, nicotine and pharmaceuticals).

Is it the Law? Are you afraid of being caught?

Are you worried about you health?

Are you scared of becoming addicted?

Or do you feel like you are too ignorant about the drug in question to feel like you should experiment with it?

None of the above really. Just can't be bothered.
Original post by WelshBluebird

I agree. This user gives other drug users a bad name. "Trapped in a sober mind"...Crazy :frown:
Reply 251
Original post by Teofilo
I used to smoke weed on occasion (i.e. whenever my flatmate would score some and I could get it for virtually nothing...) and have tried MDMA and cocaine, neither of which I would have me rushing back for more.

Haven't done anything 'harder' (acid especially) for the simple reason that I am too big of a pussy.

Sure you had pure MDMA? You would be rushing back if it was pure. Also it's impossible to get anywhere near pure cocaine and people who buy it of unreliable sources are plain stupid.
Original post by n00
Well that isn't what you originally said..

It would be idiotic to try it unsupervised based on any one of the points made. To do so in the knowledge of all 4 would be completly idiotic.

Original post by n00
Given that there is little evidence that this is harmful to someone of sound mind and assuming they have weighed up the other pros and cons it doesn't seem the slightest bit idiotic to me. .

Did you read any of the above? You dont think the risk of induce psychosis is potentially harmful? This has been shown form relatively small doses in a controlled environment in isolated tests, not recreational use- this often a point drug-users fail to comprehend when quoting safety tests. You dont have to be a diagnosed schizophrenic to suffer psychosis from a drug. And you arnt concerned what long term effects constant use of such a drug would do to your mind - not even trained neurologists could predict long term effects of such use. And how exactly are you 'weighing up the pros and cons' - by controlled environment experiment? Or flipping a coin.
To even suggest any of the above would be moronic imo.

Original post by n00
Indeed people generally take a safe dose of caffeine as do they with ketamine..

How do you know what a safe dose of ketamine is. Or how many times you can repeat the dose and be safe.

Original post by n00
If ketamine is used to induce psychosis in clinical trials then presumably it is considered very unlikely to trigger permanent psychosis and that a dose required to trigger psychotic symptoms will not be close to a lethal dose so yes more effective than caffeine. Didnt think that through did you.

I dont have a clue what you are going on about here
But would say, if you dont have any sort of medical training amateur pharmacology isnt going to get you very far - i would suggest you dont 'presume' anything.
The reason why I've never taken drugs is because I've generally seen them as a 'bad' thing. Something immoral.

Also I made a promise to myself I wouldn't get into drugs, because the short-term benefits are definitely not worth the long-term problems.

Obviously when I talk about drugs I mean the illegal ones, not caffeine, etc.
I don't drink alcohol because I have hated the taste of every drink I've been given! I do have baileys and some liquors in ice cream and chocolates and so on, so I'm not against drinking it, I just don't like it on it's own

I have never tried and will never try crack, heroin and the like because I think I have a very addictive personality! I am convinced that I would not try them once, my will would weaken and I would go back again and again till I was fully addicted. I am very afraid of addiction
Speaking as one who has tried various recreational drugs, I do notice that there is a lot of misinformation bandied around by those who haven't tried them, which in itself can become dangerous. Sometimes, these are the same people who think nothing of playing drinking games, pouring neat spirits down each others throats etc. etc. which, as you can verify with any hospital staff who are on Friday and Saturday nights, can be considerably dangerous.

With drugs, you have to clue yourself up on them really before you do them - all these people who go out and do "pills" for example - they don't even know what it is they're "meant" to be taking, let alone what it is they're "actually" taking. And the effect that they seek is being "****ed".
Well you can get ****ed for free by putting your head next to a car exhaust.

If you look back to the eighties where all this pill culture stemmed from, it was actually "ecstasy" (primary ingredient MDMA) that these people referred to their pills as, or "E's". Nowadays, they're called "pills". Which suggests that whoever's selling them to you isn't actually specifying what exactly they're selling you.

I've been fortunate to have sources from which I could obtain the real deal, drugs wise, E's, Coke, Weed - and they're lovely, and do exactly what they should do. I've enjoyed them with friends and we've had a spiritually uplifting time on them.
I haven't really done anything for about 9 months now because I kind of can't be bothered - other than the odd drink or spliff.

But I would strongly discourage anyone else to try these things - because the chance of them getting the real thing and not ending up with some horrible speed based concoction masquerading as "E" or "Coke" is extremely high. And then they're into the territory of putting god knows what into their system. Speed is not good stuff to start mucking around with.

I guess at least with alcohol you know what you're getting. But ironically, this you could argue is the most frequently abused drug even though information is freely available on it. A lot of the illegal drug users I know are a lot more responsible with their illegal drugs than the drinkers I know are with their alcohol.

I guess because alcohol is legal, some people equate that with it being harmless.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by aliluvschoc
Pretty much this, and also studying the neuroscience behind some drugs made me think "**** I probably shouldn't do that anyway".

Although it has made me realise that weed is safer than alcohol. Silly government.

i beg to differ ........tried weed ...too much..... made me very paranoid breathless panicky never touched it since yet still suffer paranoid anxiety attacks ....every drugs a gamble even alcohol .......nothing beats a clear mind and clean body ......want a high try yoga..
i like to be in control of my actions
Original post by eve1293
I'd be worried about what's actually in it. One pill could actually contain a chemical that can kill you if you get a dodgey dealer (it isn't as easy as you'd think to spot which are the 'good' ones).
Plus my uncle started on weed, got bored so went onto taking pills, then after that and cocain got boring to him he resorted to heroin. Still an addict after 12 years of drug therapy and support. I do not believe that people can control whether they become addicted to these things, so many people say they "only take weed", well I've seen where that can lead to. After seeing what it has done to him and my family I could never find any advantages of drugs that would be worth all of that.

i think you can see that he did have a choice, he made a bad choice ..but still a choice..
Reply 259
Original post by WelshBluebird

I would say I have an interesting life. I work as a sailing instructor and race 29er's (google if you don't know) at a very competitive level. I also windsurf as much as I can. (No where near as much as I would like to any more since starting uni however..) I go snowboarding at least once a year, love music and play the electric guitar. I am enjoying studying for my degree and live with an amazing bunch of friends.

Sorry to go a bit OTT but I hate it when people think people who have experimented with drugs do it because they have **** all else to do. Some people, yes, but they normally end up addicts. Drugs are an amazing ADDITION you your lives not a SUBSTITUTION.

If you believe all drugs automatically turn you into a worthless addict then you have successfully been brainwashed by the government.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending