Has anyone got there timetable yet?

My timetable was posted on the applicant portal place thingy :smile:

But it might change nearer the time they said :biggrin:

How about you?
Original post by miss_colourful
My timetable was posted on the applicant portal place thingy :smile:

But it might change nearer the time they said :biggrin:

How about you?

Ohh i see! :smile: Yep I just recieved mine a few days ago through email but I've not even got my results yet so was abit confused lol
Original post by michellemarcus
Ohh i see! :smile: Yep I just recieved mine a few days ago through email but I've not even got my results yet so was abit confused lol

They want to prepare you :tongue:

I think they just assume you're gunna pass :smile: Or they don't care about grades?? :biggrin:
They want to prepare you :tongue:

I think they just assume you're gunna pass :smile: Or they don't care about grades?? :biggrin:

Haha I hope they care about the grades! Lol also a quick question! I only mananged to send my crb form off this week because i had to wait for my passport now am not sure if my crb will be done by the 16th because they do take aaaages so does that mean if i do get my grades I wont find out if i got in or not until my crb comes back or not? so confused
Haha I hope they care about the grades! Lol also a quick question! I only mananged to send my crb form off this week because i had to wait for my passport now am not sure if my crb will be done by the 16th because they do take aaaages so does that mean if i do get my grades I wont find out if i got in or not until my crb comes back or not? so confused

They better care :tongue: All that work for nothing!!

With the CRB form, mine took 2-3 weeks to get back to me, so yours might get back in time.

Even if it doesn't get back by the 16th you should still be able to confirm your place...if your worried check with the uni, call/email them and they should be able to tell you :biggrin:

Hope that helps.
They better care :tongue: All that work for nothing!!

With the CRB form, mine took 2-3 weeks to get back to me, so yours might get back in time.

Even if it doesn't get back by the 16th you should still be able to confirm your place...if your worried check with the uni, call/email them and they should be able to tell you :biggrin:

Hope that helps.

Lol yep! All that work and stress over nothing :tongue:

Oh I see, Hope it does I can't wait any longerr than the 16th lol! But I will ring the uni up and double check just incase

Thanks for your help :biggrin:
Reply 347
Has anyone got there timetable yet?

UoC are not giving us our timetable until the end of August ''( x I know that we are 3 days a week but I'm not sure what days. My first day is the 17th of September xx
Reply 348
I am studying social work at Lincoln uni. Think I am the only one though ha ha.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Mand76
UoC are not giving us our timetable until the end of August ''( x I know that we are 3 days a week but I'm not sure what days. My first day is the 17th of September xx

Ohh I see! I recieved mine, freshers and inductions starts on 17th for us but the main course will start on the 1st of October :smile: x
Reply 350
Ohh I see! I recieved mine, freshers and inductions starts on 17th for us but the main course will start on the 1st of October :smile: x

The reading list available is 131 books long, so I'm just going to buy what I think I need and hopefully that will be enough :smile: xx
Does anyone know how leniant universities are with Social Work? I mean like if we don't quite make our grades what are the chances of them still accepting us because they've met us face to face when interviewing, put our crbs through and stuff?
Reply 352
Does anyone know how leniant universities are with Social Work? I mean like if we don't quite make our grades what are the chances of them still accepting us because they've met us face to face when interviewing, put our crbs through and stuff?

I presume you're waiting on results day for the outcome of your offer? I think it depends on which subject you drop your grade on, although most unis are quite lenient with individual subjects. Either way, if you do find your grades are lower (which hopefully won't be the case!) then make sure you call your uni's admissions on that day to double check, you should also receive an email from UCAS and keep checking Track for any changes.

Hope that helps!
Original post by dan_oufc
I presume you're waiting on results day for the outcome of your offer? I think it depends on which subject you drop your grade on, although most unis are quite lenient with individual subjects. Either way, if you do find your grades are lower (which hopefully won't be the case!) then make sure you call your uni's admissions on that day to double check, you should also receive an email from UCAS and keep checking Track for any changes.

Hope that helps!

Yep still waiting! Hmm makes sense I guess I'll just have to wait until track changes and results come out. Thank you it did help! :smile:
Reply 354
Hello everyone.
Im starting Social Care at Coventry University in September!
Is there anyone here who is in the same boat as me? :smile:
Reply 355
Ladies and Gentlemen I need your help. I've been accepted and confirmed my place for this year (yay!).

To cut a long story short, a girl I used to be friends with was jailed today for abandoning her child to go on a week long drink and drugs binge at christmas. Now, I am no longer friends with this person and I have no contact with her however, there are still photos of us together on facebook (I must stress that these were taken and posted long before she got pregnant and gave birth), my mother has suggested it would be unwise for me to allow these photos to remain up given the circumstances and the degree and profession I am going into. I'm inclined to agree but I was wondering what you all think?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kitty-Kat
Ladies and Gentlemen I need your help. I've been accepted and confirmed my place for this year (yay!).

To cut a long story short, a girl I used to be friends with was jailed today for abandoning her child to go on a week long drink and drugs binge at christmas. Now, I am no longer friends with this person and I have no contact with her however, there are still photos of us together on facebook (I must stress that these were taken and posted long before she got pregnant and gave birth), my mother has suggested it would be unwise for me to allow these photos to remain up given the circumstances and the degree and profession I am going into. I'm inclined to agree but I was wondering what you all think?

This girl was your friend so even though she has done something you have i'm presuming disagreed with doesn't mean she wasn't a part of your life. If you want to remove the photos because you dislike them then you should, but the photos aren't hurting anyone so shouldn't matter what profession you are going in to! None of the people you work with or train with will know about the girls past and you wouldn't be allowed to have your 'clients' as your friend on facebook! So if you like the pictures keep them but if it causes a problem for you remove them. Just bear in mind that you haven't done what she has you were just friends before it happened so there's nothing wrong with the pictures.

Just my opinion
Nearly time! When is everyone's start dates?

I am currently a manager in children's services and my advice to you is to get rid of them ASAP. Any association to such a case will be judged by workers, colleagues and service users, this sort of thing is not something you want to have your name too. I see the point above about her being a friend and it wasn't anything to do with you, but I am afraid the reality is you are guilty by association. I have a friend who had her children removed and put into care, my manager knew this and told me under no uncertain terms to remove myself from the situation and stay away.

There will be times when you will need to take cases to court and your professional and social life will be put in the spot light. Best start as you mean to go on and think squeaky clean. That is not a nice experience anyway, nevermind adding anything that could raise eyebrows, it just isn't worth it.

Well that's my advice, x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 359

Ouch, that's a hard one!
I agree with the above comment, get rid of them for people to see.
I'd recommend that you print them out to have at home and to keep as memories but definitely remove them from your facebook page.

Although, as we've heard time and time again on this forum: 'Social Workers are suppose to be non-judgemental' so if you want to keep them up. Keep them up. No one has a right to tell you any different. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest