Turn on thread page Beta

Easiest way to get rid of hair down below watch

What do you guys [meaning girls really, I am a girl but if you're a guy who doesn't like having pubes this is for you too] do to get rid of your pubes? Shave, wax?

Personally I like being bare but I kind of have a fear of using waxing strips down there, and I can't afford professional. So I shave but this doesn't really last very long and it's probably not the most effective or the most safe [eurghghgh].

Does anyone have any tips? I've thought about using hair removal cream but I was worried that it might cause irritation.

On a side note, I guess this just shows how twisted the beauty world is, that some girls, myself included, will take hot wax, razors, and burning chemicals, and apply them to one of the most delicate parts of our body. That's pretty ****ed up really when you think about it.

ReputationRep:
    Wax them. It might sting for 2/3 minutes, but it'll be worth the hair-free weeks after!

ReputationRep:
    I shave and have tried every other method.

Wax (myself) - hurts way too much and wtf am i doing

wax (professional) - hurts too much / embarassing / painful

epilator - ****ing ow.

laser - didn't work

so I arrived back to shaving

ReputationRep:
    lawnmower

ReputationRep:
    I just use hair removal cream. No problems for me.

(Original post by Sadsnail)
    I shave and have tried every other method.

Wax (myself) - hurts way too much and wtf am i doing

wax (professional) - hurts too much / embarassing / painful

epilator - ****ing ow.

laser - didn't work

so I arrived back to shaving
    That's a shame, I was considering investing in one of those lumiere things but maybe they only work for finer hair on your legs and that.

What about professional electrolysis? It's not something I know much about - is it a permanent fix and can it be done down below?

(Original post by Wick3d)
    I just use hair removal cream. No problems for me.
    But do you use it all over or just for your bikini line? Cause I need something where it doesn't really matter where it gets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That's a shame, I was considering investing in one of those lumiere things but maybe they only work for finer hair on your legs and that.

What about professional electrolysis? It's not something I know much about - is it a permanent fix and can it be done down below?
    I went to a salon, the home lasers 110% will not work / will take AGES.

Electrolysis is really expensive and can leave really bad scars

ReputationRep:
    But do you use it all over or just for your bikini line? Cause I need something where it doesn't really matter where it gets
    Don't use hair removal cream, it smells horrible, stings and isn't that great for getting rid of the hair for long

ReputationRep:
    Armpits and genital area.

ReputationRep:
    Don't use hair removal cream, it smells horrible, stings and isn't that great for getting rid of the hair for long
    It varies between people, for me it causes no skin irritation and the smell tends to subside after one shower.

ReputationRep:
    I use hair removal cream for the most part and waxing strips for my bikini line

Cream can get a little messy but you soon work it all out, and waxing hurts a lot less than you'd think! Just make sure you warm them up for a little bit on the radiator or something before hand

The only problem I find is the expense! Sometimes just wanna shave for that reason alone >.<

ReputationRep:
    Hedge cutter.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

ReputationRep:
    They don't work at all, don't waste your money.

Yes it's permanent, and it can be done almost anywhere. You need a lot of sessions (15-30, when the hair is in the growth stage, normally estimated as around a year of sessions) but the hair will never grow back, ever. It's not that painful, it's not that expensive, and it's the only 100% guaranteed method of permanent removal. If you want it, please try to find someone on this list (click Find a Member) as they definitely know what they're doing.

Electrolysis is really expensive and can leave really bad scars
    It shouldn't scar if you go to a properly trained professional and you follow the aftercare advice.

ReputationRep:
    I would advise electrolysis. It works very well, and in the end your hairless. And its relatively painless also.

ReputationRep:
    I epilate as close as I can then shave the rest off. If you epilate you need to get a good body scrub to exfoliate daily. I also use TendSkin which works wonders for any razor bumps, it's very expensive though but recommended by beauty websites.
    Would go waxing, but too expensive for a student...

I tried a hair removal cream and it works ok on arms (I hate body hair even though I got blonde hairs) but else where, especially for dark hair it doesn't work that well. Your bikini area won't be that smooth, even if it looks hairless. I actually ended up shaving the next day just so it feels softer. Also some people get nasty chemical burns , especially in that area, so I would only use it for the bikini area and not any closer. (My friend had scabs for days, ruining her romantic holiday even though she used the same cream before. it's a hit and miss situation and I agree, I had tiny rash on my arm for a few days when other times I get nothing...)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.