Turn on thread page Beta

Ps3 for christmas?! Any good?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    So basically, i currently have a psp and i wanted to trade it in for a ps3, im currently doing my a levels and i wanted to know if itll be a big distraction :L im a girl but i just have a need to play COD! It looks so fun! :L or shall i save the money and just spend it on someho else? Thanks is the 160gb better or the 320? Do the consoles come with 2 controollers?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    My PS3 is one of the greatest things I own, and I would most definitely trade in a PSP for it!
    I do play mine a lot, but that proves it's worth the money and with all of the other capabilities it has with Bluray, storing music, pictures, videos, it's more than just a games console.
    I've never had any issues with it, and couldn't imagine not having it, haha!
    The gb is just the number of giga bytes of data it can hold, so if you think that you will become completely obsessed and never put your controller down, then the 320gb would be for you, but if you are more of a casual gamer, then the 160gb will do you fine!
    I'm doing A Levels too, so I don't see a problem with having it. Life is about work and play, and the playstation is certainly my source of play. So long as you are making time for work, then there is certainly no issue in my eyes! Though I could be saying that so no-one takes it away! Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    XBOX till I die.

ReputationRep:
    a ps3 will cost a lot more than a psp so you'll have to pay extra when trading it in. ps3's have come down in value recently though but so have psp's.

ReputationRep:
    I love my Xbox too, but I definitely use the Playstation more! XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UMARTIAN)
    XBOX till I die.
    +1

ReputationRep:
    I would personally go for a Xbox 360 instead of a PS3 (and I have ). But I don't find my console much of a distraction, I used to play it all the time while doing my GCSE's but for the past year and a half while doing A levels I have only played it for an hour or so every couple of nights.

Also go for Battlefield 3 instead of a COD game. The people who play COD just talk a load of rubbish all the time (also COD's not as good imo ).

ReputationRep:
    Doing A levels as well, PS3's are very good but I'm finding it a bit of a distraction at the moment (I have no control :emo: )
    But there are other games than COD, it's just too repetitive IMO but AC is fecking amazingg

ReputationRep:
    I recently got a PS3. So far I'm thinking that Uncharted 2 is overrated with lacklustre graphics in some places. I guess that it will get going but they will have spent longer making the first game than they did making its sequel and I think that people forget to take that in to account.

The Xbox360 generally has slightly more vibrant, colourful graphics but the PS3 seems to have slightly crisper graphics (which sometimes gives it more of a flat 'PC game' appearance than the Xbox360's sense of depth of field). Overall I think that the Xbox360 with Kinect is the best thing to get but if you don't intend to use motion control at all, it comes down to which exclusives do you prefer. For great multiformat games , the Xbox360 definitely wins but it depends on how many games you want to play and whether being able to play Bluray films makes a difference to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mamma_mia123)
    Hey guys,
    So basically, i currently have a psp and i wanted to trade it in for a ps3, im currently doing my a levels and i wanted to know if itll be a big distraction :L im a girl but i just have a need to play COD! It looks so fun! :L or shall i save the money and just spend it on someho else? Thanks is the 160gb better or the 320? Do the consoles come with 2 controollers?
    Comes with one controller, size of HDD depends if you want to store music and vids on it, and honestly, you might want to save up for the PS4 which there is a chance will come out next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Comes with one controller, size of HDD depends if you want to store music and vids on it, and honestly, you might want to save up for the PS4 which there is a chance will come out next year.
    Absolutely no chance of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Absolutely no chance of that.
    Well their is rumour of the next xbox, and devs are already working on their new engines for the next gens therefore they must have some idea of specs, however it may just be unveiling of the next gen ideas rather than actual launch.

ReputationRep:
    There are also rumours that the xbox is almost certainly not coming out next year. The rumour comes from the next Halo title has been said to definatly be a 360 title and will be coming out late next year; so why the hell would microsoft release a new console a couple of months later?

Also a year is still a long time to wait for a console so you might aswell get the current gen instead of waiting.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am also getting a PS3 and I need some advice on what size of hard drive to get. I'm guessing the 160GB will be enough but I'm paranoid that I'll end up running low on memory, even though I'm pretty sure that won't happen

Sorry for hijacking your thread mamma mia, but I didn't see the point in starting a new one since we have very similar questions anyway.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.