Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do if you caught someone burgling your house? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered what to do if I was upstairs, and I heard someone break in... Should I just sit tight, or should I run downstairs and drop kick the person?

I've heard if you hit them with a bat then you could be arrested for assult :lolwut:
    We have a dog now, so I'm pretty sure he would scare the person away by constantly barking.

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely confront/find a weapon and threaten to use it, while getting my mobile to call the police. If the burglar was armed too and with something more deadly, I'd probably run downstairs, out of the house, and then call the police.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably try and help him steal stuff, I've got plenty of valuables. WIN, WIN.

ReputationRep:
    Kick him in the nuts and run off

ReputationRep:
    http://rt.com/news/hairdresser-turns...ave/?fullstory

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think I'd confront them and attack him/her, but in reality I'd probably lock myself in a wardrobe and cower away until they'd gone...

ReputationRep:
    I would say with a dark voice, who´s there. It is only foolish to play hero and try to attack him. The sound of my voice would probably scare him away. As he runs away would I try to get a glimpse of him to give as good description as possible to the cops.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.