Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Background Info:
    I've worked there 4 years ago, quitted on quite friendly but problematic terms with a feeble excuse (Also, I let my Mum do it, I was only 17 and didn't know how to do it myself.)

Current Status:
    I rethought it, the person I had problems with (and others did too) doesn't work there anymore.
    It was a brilliant, nice, social and fairly simple job but it gave me responsibility and I liked it.
    The boss was/is very kind and we get along on a friendly basis too.
    Did not talk to the boss for 4 years after I quit.

I want THIS job back from january onwards.

Problems:
    Not sure if he is hiring.
    Not sure if he wants me back anyhow.

He works too much and it isn't good for his health (He might breakdown/burnout soon and I'm out of a job. He always used to work 24/7 though, now it's a bit more extreme even.)

I think he liked me a bit too much before (used to ask me out to cinema etc..). I kind of got creeped by that when I was 17 but now I'm alright with it. (Bear in mind he was about 33 back then.)

Targets:
    Get job back.
    Make him relax more before he has a breakdown/burnout and I wont have any chance of getting a good job anymore.

Situation Report:

Yesterday I just went there (I work nearby at the moment but the job ends on the 24th december..) and talked to him.
    He a.) seemed happy to see me. b.) Drowned himself in work after a few minutes, saying he'd visit my 'shop' later on. (He visited but only for 3 minutes and I had to work so no much talkie.)

Alright, so he apparently STILL likes me. (not sure how much as he busied himself with work pretty quickly)

I talked to one of the employees, who's very nice. She said he MIGHT BE looking for another person for longer time. But she doesn't know.

Additional Info/Options/Decisions:
    Get friendly with him again on a friendly talky basis (might be hard as he can't seem to drop work, never been different though).

I'd kind of ask him to get a drink with me (christmas market, Punsch/Glühwein) but he a.) might not have time due to overworking b.) might think something wrong.

He hardly sees anything but work.

Okay, so:

How the hell do I get that job back?

I am in favor of the idea of: Just ask very bluntly. But I'll be sad if I don't get the job back, damn it.

ReputationRep:
    you could hand a cv in just say your looking for work
    also with the drink thing it depends as he may see it as you 'liking' him

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.