Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

One of the choices I applied for was Russian and Spanish and it says the typical A level offer is AAB-BBB incl. one of the languages to be studied.

On the conditional offer I received it says I have to get ABB (which are my predicted grades).

If I got BBB would I be automatically rejected or would they still consider me?

Please help.
    Thanks

Edyta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eekxd)
    Hey guys

One of the choices I applied for was Russian and Spanish and it says the typical A level offer is AAB-BBB incl. one of the languages to be studied.

On the conditional offer I received it says I have to get ABB (which are my predicted grades).

If I got BBB would I be automatically rejected or would they still consider me?

Please help.
    Thanks

Edyta
    Hi,

It's very difficult to tell. Whilst it is true that you may be considered, it will likely depend on how many other applicants narrowly missed their offer, and by how many UMS.

This year will be a bit of a funny one, given that applications are down, but I have seen Manchester reject people who dropped 2 or 3 UMS (this was in 2010, when it was much more competitive, for a course that is v. competitive anyway).

Just make sure that you have an insurance offer with offer grades lower than ABB, which you would want to go to, and put Manchester as your firm if that's where you want to go.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Well thank you, that helped!

Do you have any idea how popular is Russian? I bet Spanish is..

And my second choice would be Salford I guess, although I REALLY want to go to University of Manchester. Nowhere else appeals to me in the same way.

Will study hard to make sure I get the best out of me and hopefully get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eekxd)
    Well thank you, that helped!

Do you have any idea how popular is Russian? I bet Spanish is..

And my second choice would be Salford I guess, although I REALLY want to go to University of Manchester. Nowhere else appeals to me in the same way.

Will study hard to make sure I get the best out of me and hopefully get in
    Russian is really not that popular at all, so they could be lenient, but because your offer includes Spanish, there's no real way of telling…

ReputationRep:
    I see. Thanks a lot, that helped!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 30, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.