Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I will be hopefully starting university in September 2012, soon as I send my UCAs form and receive offers that is ...

My aim is to hopefully break into FO Sales. Little background about me, I started a Law degree at UoManchester in 2010, left in June 2011. I hated the subject on an academic level. I have straight As at A-level despite mitigating circumstance.

Currently, since September 2011, I have been working in a middle-office equity trade support team at a leading British IB.

Having this one-year on my C.V, would it still be logical and valued to be applying for spring weeks and insight days?

Or the more IB on my C.V the better chances of 2nd year internships and a grad job?

Hopefuly I can somehow cut a deal with my current place, to get me into sales...don't know what they'll say...

Much advice appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    Hello,

I will be hopefully starting university in September 2012, soon as I send my UCAs form and receive offers that is ...

My aim is to hopefully break into FO Sales. Little background about me, I started a Law degree at UoManchester in 2010, left in June 2011. I hated the subject on an academic level. I have straight As at A-level despite mitigating circumstance.

Currently, since September 2011, I have been working in a middle-office equity trade support team at a leading British IB.

Having this one-year on my C.V, would it still be logical and valued to be applying for spring weeks and insight days?

Or the more IB on my C.V the better chances of 2nd year internships and a grad job?

Hopefuly I can somehow cut a deal with my current place, to get me into sales...don't know what they'll say...

Much advice appreciated.

Thanks
    Of course, there's no reason not to apply.

Even if you find the week pointless/you already know everything it is still a chance to get fast tracked for the Summer Internship and not have to worry about applying for internships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Don_123)
    Of course, there's no reason not to apply.

Even if you find the week pointless/you already know everything it is still a chance to get fast tracked for the Summer Internship and not have to worry about applying for internships.
    True and they'll see my 1year MO has a huggeeeeeeeeeeeee bonus...giving me a competitive advantage I hope!

ReputationRep:
    But you say you haven't started university yet? Or do you mean applying for Spring weeks next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'mSet)
    But you say you haven't started university yet? Or do you mean applying for Spring weeks next year?
    Spring weeks next year ...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.