The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

G4ry
I don't think it's one rule for all. People mature at different ages and you don't know her and her reasons. Just some of the posts near the beginning about spelling and staying in school just have no value and would not have been present if the thread starter was older.

Ok, it isn't one rule for all, but you do mature, no matter how small the significance is. And her reasons were that her friends get attention from boys from she doesn't. Which I already said doesn't matter and that you shouldn't compare yourself to others or your always gonna be down on yourself.
I agree with the whole putting her down on her age though. TSR is slightly ageist :redface:
Reply 61
dont be angry with each other
Reply 62
Well, Hun I think if you want a boyfriend then thats great, God I mean for me its stupid to even compare when I was your age because society is changing so much! I understand that at your age all your friends are starting to get boyfriends and you want one to its completely natural however I wouldnt worry about being the right material. End of the day, you will get a boyfriend when the time is right, and it will come.
Also I know you want to be good 'Girlfriend material' But I think you just need to be yourself, If you learn to love who you are beleive me you will have more confidence than anyone around you, and confience is hot :wink:
Reply 63
jelly_bear, maybe you should edit your first post to say 'Year 9' instead of 'Year 7', so you don't confuse anyone else.
As for advice, there's not much you can do. Just be yourself and you should find a boyfriend soon enough.. there are loads of people who haven't had a boyfriend by 14. Good luck. :smile:
girls were ikky in year 7.
Reply 65
Your still young! Just go out with your friends and enjoy yourself!:p: You don't want the responsibility in handling a relationship at that age...
Anyway,most lads are very immature at that age, they're probably more interested in games and playing football. You should just have fun, go shopping and spoil yourself! And more importantly, concentrate on your education than lads. :cool:

Sezkin :girl:

xxx
Reply 66
ERR i did give her advice you uneducated MONG. She wants a boyfriend, shes what.. 13. Lets see possible reasons she wants a boyfriend:
1) Popularity
2) Acceptance
3) Confidence
4) Shame
5) Slutty-factor

theres no other reason since she just wants A BOYFRIEND, not liking someone in particular. Its not like shes looking for a guy for companionship or love or support.
Say she gets a boyfriend, all her friends are having sex, she'll do it too..expect a "HELP ME BECOME SEXILICIOUS" thread in about 2 years. Thats a tart in my books, so the INFERRED advice from what i posted (someone's gonna be a tart) is: Don't be such a tart.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

and yes i can make that assumption.
Best post EVER.
Reply 68
agreed!
Reply 69
Mangaroo
ERR i did give her advice you uneducated MONG. She wants a boyfriend, shes what.. 13. Lets see possible reasons she wants a boyfriend:
1) Popularity
2) Acceptance
3) Confidence
4) Shame
5) Slutty-factor

theres no other reason since she just wants A BOYFRIEND, not liking someone in particular. Its not like shes looking for a guy for companionship or love or support.
Say she gets a boyfriend, all her friends are having sex, she'll do it too..expect a "HELP ME BECOME SEXILICIOUS" thread in about 2 years. Thats a tart in my books, so the INFERRED advice from what i posted (someone's gonna be a tart) is: Don't be such a tart.

I assume you remember being 13? Or what am I saying obviously not. it perfectly vaible she may only wnat one because everyone else does, But you cant exactly blame her. When I was that age I wanted what my friends had, and was always nervous about fitting in, Its called growing up and we learn from our experiences. Anyway, have a look at todays society.. children are 'maturing' much quicker than ever into teenagers weather its a good thing or not. If anyone needs to grow up around here its you.
Reply 70
so how tarty would you say you now turned out ?
Reply 71
Mangaroo
so how tarty would you say you now turned out ?

I think that would be the last word anybody who knew me would use.
Reply 72
...do you know anyone...

edit..that was harsh ..cba nothing i say here is comical anymore =/
Mangaroo
1) Popularity
2) Acceptance
3) Confidence
4) Shame
5) Slutty-factor

amazing post...*adds to rep list*
focus on ur skl wrk, itll help u later on!!!
u dnt need a bf, focus on havin gd mates
bfs only cause trouble!!
xxx
i agree very good post, if u were focusing on a boy good But if not then bad
xxx
Reply 76
jelly_bear
i am in year 9 im not desperate but its just that if i ask a boy out he wud probably laugh at me sayin me go out wif u i dont think so

Anyone who says that doesn't deserve you, if you want a decent bf then dont change who you are, because any decent guy would like you for who you are.
Reply 77
Look just be yourself. you don't have to act a certain way or change to get a boyfriend. You are only in year nine, i don't see what the big rush to get a boyfriend is anyway.
If you are yourself and someone likes you for that, then you are way more likely to get on with them, and know that they appreciate and like you. If you are looking to have a proper relationship then that is so important, you have to trust and respect and like each others personalities.
If you act differently then someone will fancy the different you, and as that is not the real you, then arent you just going to be putting on a front all the time?!

Just be yourself and don't stress and you will probubly get a boyfriend, if you desperately seek someone then it is probubly going to mess it up. Just relax. Trust me you'll end up with a boyfriend soon enough.

(please don't think i am being patronising, i am trying not to be, but cannot think how else to word this).

Jo

xxx
Those of us significantly older than the OP (i.e. most of us) can speak with the benefits of wisdom and hindsight, but I think it should be remembered that she is, after all, at a vulnerable, difficult age, at which feelings of self-consciousness and peer pressure may be considerable. So, to an extent, she wants a boyfriend just for the sake of having a boyfriend? What would you expect, at that age? How many of us can honestly say we were any better, at that age? Image means an awful lot, at that age, and may come before things it shouldn't. She shouldn't be worrying about this at her age, but cut her some slack; adolescence is a difficult time. Some of you could have taken more friendly an approach, with your advice.

And if you're still checking this thread, jelly_bear: All I can say, without meaning to be patronising, is that you're still very young; younger than you realise. It may seem as though all the girls your age have boyfriends, but I guarantee they won't have; people exaggerate their experiences with the opposite sex, at that age, and it may be that you have friends who are simply more advanced than most girls their age, in this respect. Try not to worry (which may not be easy, admittedly), concentrate on your study and friendships (which will benefit you more in the long run than will a relationship now, trust me) and remember that it's perfectly normal to not have had a boyfriend, at your age. At any rate, the longer you wait, the nicer it'll be when you do have one. I'd imagine that any worries you have as regards your appearence are exaggerated (as tends to be the case with people, at your age), and I'm sure that you're already good girlfriend material, for many people; and, at any rate, things change, including guys (who'll mature, making better boyfriend material, any way). It's very common to feel inadequate, in this respect, at your age; and also very common to realise that there was nothing wrong with you at all, soon afterwards.

And if you feel you look young, although this is not something you want at 14, I can guarantee that this is something you'll be very glad of, by the time you're 25 (or younger).

Try not to worry, focus on other things, and let the boyfriends come to you (which they will). All the best. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending