The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3480
Original post by S-man10
Has he actually trademarked that?! :facepalm2:

Sadly yes

Kentucky basketball star Anthony Davis is widely expected to be the number one selection in this Thursday's NBA draft. But he's already locked down one unique distinction: filing a trademark over his unibrow.

"I don't want anyone to try to grow a unibrow because of me and then try to make money off of it," Davis told CNBC. "Me and my family decided to trademark it because it's very unique."

In addition to registering the likeness of his eyebrow hair, Davis has trademarked the phrases "Fear the Brow" and "Raise The Brow."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/fear-brow-anthony-davis-trademarks-unibrow-175257584.html
Reply 3481
KG and Boston agreed 3 yr $34m deal
Original post by alexsong
KG and Boston agreed 3 yr $34m deal

I was glad to hear this :biggrin:
Reply 3483
At first I thought it was a lot but he was amazing in the playoffs. This deal will make him the highest paid player ever on $325m surpassing shaq da gawd
Reply 3484
Higest paid? As in higest paid of all time?

Well, tbh anthony, you wouldnt need to trade mark and eyebrow and worry about someone making money of it if you could simply turn into two eyebrows :colonhash:
Reply 3485
Yeah highest career earnings of any NBA player - just counting salaries though not endorsements - MJ would eclipse everyone with the Jordan brand
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by alexsong
Yeah highest career earnings of any NBA player - just counting salaries though not endorsements - MJ would eclipse everyone with the Jordan brand

Probably lost it all on the Bobcats by now though...
Reply 3487
Original post by BigFudamental
Probably lost it all on the Bobcats by now though...

Yeah not to mention the $150m divorce
I wonder where Ray Allen will be next season - Heat can't offer him a lot of money, but can offer him a fairly high chance of another ring, Boston can offer him a decent contract, but he might prefer a change, Phoenix are reportedly interested and could offer him decent money, but then his chances of a championship are reduced.

As a fan of the Celtics, I think it's time to let RA go - he was great, but we should be focusing on Avery Bradley as the starting shooting guard and trying to get hold of OJ Mayo (ideally IMO). I doubt Ray would be happy finishing his career as a sixth man, and although he's still a good shooter, that's about all he can offer to us now. Signing KG *and* Ray Allen isn't going to get us any younger - keep KG but look to get younger by letting RA go is the best move in my opinion.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3489
Rumours that Blazers have offered Hibbert the max he is a restricted free agent, Asik also RFA is looking at an $8m/yr offer from Houston, Batum $10m/yr with the TWolves

Michael Beasley, OJ Mayo and Anthony Randolph are all unrestricted after they didnt recieve qualifying offers
^^
Ray Allen is one of my favourite players ever, but I wouldn't mind seeing him go. He has been making some pretty bad decisions in games recently, i've noticed his passing is very slack. I too would be happy if we got OJ Mayo instead!
Reply 3491
Lebron penetrates, kicks it out to Allen for three!!! :sogood:
Reply 3492
Allen will go I think and it suits both parties that he does really with the development of Bradley, Jason Terry is a possible replacement or OJ Mayo who would probably cost more
Supposedly Miami offered Ray 3 million and the Celtics are willing to double it - a bit too expensive in my opinion.

Surely Pacers are willing to match a max deal for Hibbert anyway? Would be silly to let him go!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3494
Nets are trading for Joe Johnson they will send Anthony Morrow, Farmar, DeShawn Stevenson, Jordan Williams, Johan Petro and a lotterry protected 2013 first round pick (basically a load of ****). He is owed $25m in 2014 smh. it will be finalised 11th July as long as DWill commits to the Nets. I never wanna hear the phrase untradable contract again after this
Reply 3495
Dwight-to-Nets deal apparently killed (and it happened ages ago). Joe Johnson and D-Will will eat the salary cap.

http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard/

Great news. I wonder who Dwight will go to now. I would trade him to China and let his whiny ass rot for at least a year lol.
Reply 3496
Original post by Xotol
Dwight-to-Nets deal apparently killed (and it happened ages ago). Joe Johnson and D-Will will eat the salary cap.

http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard/

Great news. I wonder who Dwight will go to now. I would trade him to China and let his whiny ass rot for at least a year lol.

Lakers I think. Hawks will have cap space for Dwight and CP3 summer 2013
Reply 3497
Wtf, who knew that kind of contract was tradable :indiff:
(edited 11 years ago)
Nets :facepalm: :teehee:

They wanted to rival and supersede the Knicks, they're doing a decent job of it in respect to bad front office moves.
Reply 3499
Found an article claiming they can still get Dwight its a bit heavy on the number crunching

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/7/2/3131846/detailed-math-for-getting-joe-johnson-dwight-howard-while-retaining

Latest