The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3700
Original post by Deshi
Might try and watch some games next season :beard:

gets addictive, be warned
Reply 3701
Original post by alexsong
its better than the olympics if thats what has got you interested ?

I've always liked Basketball but the Olympics has reignited my interest. Don't mind the NFL either but the timing of the US sports just means that I rarely ever watch them. But will try and keep up with the NBA when the season starts.
Reply 3702
Brow already looks better than Chandler man. Chandler has been so useless so far this tournament (30% from FTs LOL). US would basically be invincible with competent inside presence (i.e. Dwight).

Original post by Deshi
I've always liked Basketball but the Olympics has reignited my interest. Don't mind the NFL either but the timing of the US sports just means that I rarely ever watch them. But will try and keep up with the NBA when the season starts.

Post here when the season starts and we'll give you the info you need. NBA is a lot better to watch than the Olympics. Matches are tight and it's more fun to watch the best players in the world play against each other than with each other.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3703
Original post by Xotol
Brow already looks better than Chandler man. Chandler has been so useless so far this tournament (30% from FTs LOL). US would basically be invincible with competent inside presence (i.e. Dwight).

Post here when the season starts and we'll give you the info you need. NBA is a lot better to watch than the Olympics. Matches are tight and it's more fun to watch the best players in the world play against each other than with each other.

Yeah, threads on my watch list now so I'll try and keep up.
Reply 3704
lol, I think Scola could take any1 from the US team in a fight. Him and Melo were fighting all the way through that 3rd quarter.
Reply 3705
Original post by Xotol

Just our of interest, do you watch it as a neutral or follow a particular team?
Reply 3706
Original post by Xotol

Chandler has been **** and my man Kobe too sadly
Reply 3707
Original post by Deshi
Just our of interest, do you watch it as a neutral or follow a particular team?

I support the Chicago Bulls. But they're in kind of a ****ty situation since their best player tore his ACL. If I was to give you a football comparison, think of RvP and Arsenal (but RvP being much younger). :sigh:

Other than that, I'm pretty much a neutral. Everyone here has their preferences. :yep:

Original post by alexsong
Chandler has been **** and my man Kobe too sadly

Kobe is not built for this team. Too interested in going isos far too early in the offence and jacking up ridiculous shots that brick. His 30/40% shooting is suited for the Lakers, not this team which has better shooters. He's in the starting 5 just because he's Kobe unfortunately.
(edited 11 years ago)
US team needed to pick it up after the first half - pulled it off though!

GB's first win in the olympics since 1948 earlier, btw haha :')

Olympics are the only thing keeping me from imploding over waiting for my results :woo:
Reply 3709
Anthony Davis looks cute when hes on the court because his head is so small and you can't see his eyes
Reply 3710
Good slate of games today Lithuania v Russia at 2pm, France v Spain 4.15pm, Brazil v Argentina 8pm and USA v Australia at 10.15pm
Imagine if this team had Dwight, Wade, Rose. Kobe is hurting the offense right now and Chandler is useless. Shouldn't have a problem against Australia though :cry:
Sorta wish Rondo was on the team too..
Reply 3714
Dang lebron :adore:
Reply 3715
Glimpses of all time greatness this postseason and Olympics. And by all time greatness, I mean top 5 and top 2 (won't go further yet).

It's not just his numbers, his intangibles and decision making is becoming incredible. He now senses when he needs to take over games or take a back seat to rebound/facilitate.

Damn Lebron, it'll be fun watching next season.
Reply 3716
LeBron
Reply 3717
When is the next USA game?
Reply 3718
Tomorrow at 9pm I think, Russia v Spain at 5 should be a quality game
Dwight Howard is pretty much in purple and gold

Latest