MWP
Gasol
Dwight

And, Bynum to Phili. Damn. :lol:
Well this is interesting the trade.

b475a0de99c7969bce56d01c02d9b842_large.jpg
Reply 3723
Original post by Xotol
Brow already looks better than Chandler man. Chandler has been so useless so far this tournament (30% from FTs LOL). US would basically be invincible with competent inside presence (i.e. Dwight).

Post here when the season starts and we'll give you the info you need. NBA is a lot better to watch than the Olympics. Matches are tight and it's more fun to watch the best players in the world play against each other than with each other.

Yeah olympics has got me interested in it too :P might have to buy sky sports :L
First Steve Nash, now Dwight Howard, keeping Pau Gasol in the process and trading Andrew Bynum..... buckle up peoples, we have gotten the necessary pieces needed for a championship run. All we need to do now is to get deeper benches and a better coach.

man it does feel good to be a Lakers fan these days. :biggrin:
Original post by strategist
First Steve Nash, now Dwight Howard, keeping Pau Gasol in the process and trading Andrew Bynum..... buckle up peoples, we have gotten the necessary pieces needed for a championship run. All we need to do now is to get deeper benches and a better coach.

man it does feel good to be a Lakers fan these days. :biggrin:

Has Kupchek called Phil yet to ask about making a return? :biggrin:
Reply 3726
Kobe bout to eat the season can't come soon enough
Dang that's an earthquake trade. 76ers got the best Deal I think. Magic got.....not much, except liberation from the Dwightmare.
Damn Lakers!! Even as a due hard Celtics fan, I gotta admit that team looks gooood!

Nuggets get Igoudala - I like Iggy and I like the nuggets so that could be cool too :smile:

Best part of the 5 team trade was LeBron to the Bobcats though, didn't see that one coming.....
Reply 3729
Original post by BigFudamental
Dang that's an earthquake trade. 76ers got the best Deal I think. Magic got.....not much, except liberation from the Dwightmare.

Memphis got Iggy for next to nothing too Orlando lost in a land slide. Lakers will be sweating all year about whether he re-signs now though

Cuban when he heard

Reply 3730
Original post by alexsong
Memphis got Iggy for next to nothing too Orlando lost in a land slide. Lakers will be sweating all year about whether he re-signs now though

Cuban when he heard

Na, Dallas in a good position:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-dwight-howard-wont-sign-extension-with-lakers/2012/08/09/

Anyway, not buying the championship hype yet. Reminiscent of 2004 and Miami 2010 when super teams failed. No chemistry, Nash and Kobe will have a bad dynamic, Dwight has a back problem and Pau is on the decline. I don't think they'll get past the Thunder, let alone Heat.
Reply 3731
Original post by Xotol

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-dwight-howard-wont-sign-extension-with-lakers/2012/08/09/

Anyway, not buying the championship hype yet. Reminiscent of 2004 and Miami 2010 when super teams failed. No chemistry, Nash and Kobe will have a bad dynamic, Dwight has a back problem and Pau is on the decline. I don't think they'll get past the Thunder, let alone Heat.

2004? As in when shaq qas in miami?
Reply 3732
Original post by S-man10
2004? As in when shaq qas in miami?

Na, when Lakers built the superteam with Payton, Kobe, Malone and Shaq. Heavy favourites against the Pistons in the final but failed.
Reply 3733
This new lakers team will need time to settle in tbh. Defo cant see thrm doing well against the well established thunder
Reply 3734
Original post by Xotol

Just because he wont extend today doesnt mean he will leave in free agency next summer, he will have to leave about 20m on the table to leave as well
Original post by Xotol

true that. the superstars are ageing except Dwight who have to deal with health problems. Back injuries reminded me of the legendary Tracy Mcgrady. He would have probably remained top in the game if not for his back problem.
Reply 3736
They might be ageing but Kobe was 2nd in scoring last season and Nash 2nd in assists. T-Mac used to be sick still see a few Rocket jerseys with him on too
Reply 3737
Don't you dare bad mouth T-Mac

I'll fight you :fight:
Let's just hope that Dwight is healthy when he starts for the Lakers. Personally, I preferred Bynums post up game but Howard fits with Nash much better. The defensive liability that Nash is, is eradicated now that he's got Howard behind him.

Kobe is still gonna get his iso's (regrettably), but the mix of Nash, Pau and Howard is very intriguing.
Reply 3739
Original post by alexsong
Just because he wont extend today doesnt mean he will leave in free agency next summer, he will have to leave about 20m on the table to leave as well

Depends. If Lakers don't win, I think Dwight will leave for Mavs. Lakers are basically a team of pensioners now (Nash 38, Kobe 34, Pau 32, Jamieson 36) and it really does seem like championship or bust soon.

Latest