The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wow Jeremy Lin mania is kicking off here ....
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
It was a knock down 3 with bad defending.. People need to stop going on about Lin, it's getting boring. I don't even know what it is but i'm becoming disillusioned and slightly bored of the NBA this season.

Its a nice story but really its ridiculous now, i cant wait for the heat to knock them back into reality, people suddenly calling the knicks championship contenders. Massive overhyping but then again the Knicks fans are known for that.
I'm just waiting for Melo to come back and ruin everything for everybody.
Original post by Jingers
UnLINited.
Linception.
The Fellowship of the Lin.

This guy took the lindow of opportunity and has out-Kobed Kobe, he's the point gawd of the decade. Rose's clutch moment was aight but this guy done made a movie scene!!!!

Bow down and kiss the ling. Pay homage to the Harblinger of Doom to any team that wants it with him.

I do know the history of my country...

What is your "country"?
Original post by Jingers
UnLINited.
Linception.
The Fellowship of the Lin.

This guy took the lindow of opportunity and has out-Kobed Kobe, he's the point gawd of the decade. Rose's clutch moment was aight but this guy done made a movie scene!!!!

Bow down and kiss the ling. Pay homage to the Harblinger of Doom to any team that wants it with him.

Come back after he leads his team to five NBA championships. Till then, keep fapping over him in private.
Original post by RabbitCFH
Come back after he leads his team to five NBA championships. Till then, keep fapping over him in private.

Pay homage to the point gawd.
Original post by Jingers
Pay homage to the point gawd.

He aint no point gawd yet.
Reply 1247
Original post by Jingers

Lol I cannot wait for Rose to decimate Lin when they go head to head. I like Lin but some of the hype is going too far.
Original post by Xotol
Lol I cannot wait for Rose to decimate Lin when they go head to head. I like Lin but some of the hype is going too far.

Same if he keeps the amount of turnovers hes averaging against Rose,Paul or westbrook he gets slaughtered. Its actually annoying how people havent picked up on that because if any of the point guards averaged that they would get owned by the media and fans but since its a asian american player they cover over it.
Reply 1249
Original post by johnharris19944
Same if he keeps the amount of turnovers hes averaging against Rose,Paul or westbrook he gets slaughtered. Its actually annoying how people havent picked up on that because if any of the point guards averaged that they would get owned by the media and fans but since its a asian american player they cover over it.

To be fair, lots of articles noted that he IS a turnover machine, and they did that since the first game against the Nets. My friends and I have noted that too. Turnovers are bad of course, but they aren't really perceived as big flaws, Westbrook and Lebron have many turnovers (did Westbrook lead the league in turnovers last season?) but we generally overlook that because of the great things they do.

The more amazing thing about Lin's run is that his team is still undefeated with him running the point, and his teammates are playing much better as well. If NYK lost and Lin put up 30 and 10, then that would be significantly less special.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1250
Original post by johnharris19944

Tbh it's pretty natural for new PGs to rack up a few turnovers in their first few games. Lin has been nothing short of fantastic for the Knicks, but I don't think he'll ever have the career of CP3, D-Will etc or the career that Rose, Westbrook or even Irving and Rubio will have.

As long as he doesn't turn bat**** insane in game likes Westbrook (he doesn't have the athleticism or skill like Westbrook to compensate for more turnovers) and he remains sensible with his plays, he'll be fine. He doesn't have to score tonnes each night (and he won't); Melo and Amar'e will do that for him. He just needs to run D'Antoni's system relatively well.

He'll turn into a solid starter for the Knicks, which is all they need. If he can run the pick & roll with Amar'e and pass to an open Melo mid game, he'll be fine. He can give the ball to Melo in the 4th if they need to win the game.
JR Smith is signing with the Knicks this weekend
Thoughts ?
Reply 1253
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
It was a knock down 3 with bad defending.. People need to stop going on about Lin, it's getting boring. I don't even know what it is but i'm becoming disillusioned and slightly bored of the NBA this season.

I agree with this to an extent. When I saw that play 'bad defending' came to my mind first as well, it was almost as if the defender was paid to give Lin an open shot. Although you better believe the hype about Lin though, from never being heard to putting up good numbers and single handedly carry a fading knicks teams is quite an achievement.

That said, the NBA nowdays does tend to hype about a lot of things which aren't meant to be. Blake Griffin on Perkins is a prime example. I heard a few ridiculous things which actually made me think "these people need to know what a dunk really is", and no, it isn't brushing a fingertip against the rim ffs :colonhash:

Not hating, just real talk.

Original post by Simon Adebisi
JR Smith is signing with the Knicks this weekend Thoughts ?

I think he's caught himself in the Lindwagon :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1254
I forgot to mention.... Happy Birthday Michael Jordan ffs :adore:
Happy Birthday, Your Airness!
(edited 12 years ago)
Excited for Warriors vs Thunder tonight :biggrin:
Reply 1257
Original post by Simon Adebisi
JR Smith is signing with the Knicks this weekend
Thoughts ?

Knicks are overloading with bench power. They'll have ridiculous backcourt depth now. Although I don't really think they needed JR Smith, who's another selfish player.

Original post by brighteyes1994
Excited for Warriors vs Thunder tonight :biggrin:

What's so exciting about that? OKC will probably win with Durant knocking down ~25 and Westbrook ~20. Serge 'I block ya' will get 3 blocks.

Totally random predictions. I don't watch OKC that much, especially compared to Bulls, Heat, Magic and most recently Knicks.
jesus the lin hype is everywhere might stop following until it dies down its worse the Tebow :l
Original post by Xotol
Knicks are overloading with bench power. They'll have ridiculous backcourt depth now. Although I don't really think they needed JR Smith, who's another selfish player.

What's so exciting about that? OKC will probably win with Durant knocking down ~25 and Westbrook ~20. Serge 'I block ya' will get 3 blocks.

Totally random predictions. I don't watch OKC that much, especially compared to Bulls, Heat, Magic and most recently Knicks.

That I'm in tonight, I can watch it live as it's a Friday and I like watching both those teams play.

Latest