The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
Has anyone noticed Lin does bad things that are not really reflected on his stat sheet? He had like 20points 13ast 4 steals and 4 TO's but if you watched it you'd see how awkward he is during fastbreaks which would've been sure points and how bad he is defensively. His steals mostly came in loose ball situations.
Original post by S-man10
How many more reps to your fourth gem brah?

On 171 atm but dunno how much more to go
Reply 1862
Original post by Simon Adebisi
On 171 atm but dunno how much more to go

29 more to go. :yy:
Original post by S-man10
29 more to go. :yy:

dont really care for rep but aite
Don't even know what game to watch tonight, got the Wizards on at the moment.. :emo:

Original post by Xotol
Am I the only one that thinks OKC is a tad overrated?

Yeah, they're amazing in offense with Durant and Westbrook, but they're average defensively. They would get killed by Miami or Chicago in the playoffs.

Tbh, I don't even think they'll get out of the WCF.

i've been supporting okc since they moved from seattle.. I have to say i said this time was coming, they're definately going to win the wcf there is no serious contender their anymore, besides experience and a temperamental point guard we have a real shot at winning the championship. realistically its a heat okc finals, regardless of the outcome its going to be one of the most exciting in a long while
Reply 1867
Original post by youngzwavey
I have to say i said this time was coming, they're definately going to win the wcf there is no serious contender their anymore

'Definitely' is quite bold. In fact, I see it the other way. This year it's pretty wide open. OKC may be the favourites, but that doesn't mean teams can't beat them.

SAS have the experience and I think have a decent shot with Parker having a career year; LAC are still gelling and have got a great record so far; LAL will always be there with Kobe, Gasol and Bynum and could make a real push with a competent PG; Dallas are the champions and will have Dirk in the playoffs; even the Grizzlies have a decent chance with Zach Randolph back, Rudy Gay and Marc Gasol.

besides experience and a temperamental point guard we have a real shot at winning the championship.

And defence. I'm sorry, but you play average defense apart from maybe Ibaka's shot blocking. Miami and Chicago play hardcore defense and offense. OKC play amazing offense and average defense. They'll need to improve when they get to the playoffs.

I bet Westbrook and Durant will also have issues in the playoffs when they can't decide who takes the shot. If they traded Chris Paul for Westbrook, I think they'd win the championship. Westbrook is a potentially dominant PG, don't get me wrong, but we've all seen the problems Durant and Westbrook have.

realistically its a heat okc finals, regardless of the outcome its going to be one of the most exciting in a long while

It is. But a lot of different teams have a shot, including Chicago and all the other WC teams I mentioned.

Anyway, I think the game of the year will be Chicago vs Heat ECF which will be amazing if Chicago is fully fit.
Original post by Xotol
This year it's pretty wide open. OKC may be the favourites, but that doesn't mean teams can't beat them.

I can understand this. There are definitely some problems. I remember the loss to the wizards after they were like 3 and 20 :/, but I can't see a team in the west beating the thunder 4 times, not the way they're playing.

Original post by Xotol
OKC play amazing offense and average defense. They'll need to improve when they get to the playoffs.

Remember they did get to the WCF and lose to the mav's and they're undoubtedly better at both ends of the floor now, I think everyone will ramp up their defence. Hardens an amazing defender who can give even Kobe problems, serge IBLOCKA :wink: is a beast, durant has amazing length to annoy most SF's. I think defence will be worked on by the team

Original post by Xotol
I bet Westbrook and Durant will also have issues in the playoffs when they can't decide who takes the shot. If they traded Chris Paul for Westbrook,

I hope not, he's matured alot through this season and developed a little outside shot too. I think hes starting to realise KD is the franchise player and he has to support that. He never really has been a pg though he has a Kobe mentality shoot shoot shoot

one thing we all can agree on, The NBA is the best thing on earth lol, who do you support xotol
Reply 1869
one thing we all can agree on, The NBA is the best thing on earth lol, who do you support xotol

Chicago. D Rose is my man.

Btw, I didn't respond to the rest of your post because it's way too early to tell how things will go in the playoffs. I definitely think OKC will be in the WCF. I'll reserve my judgement as to whether they'll will the whole thing until I see them play Miami & Chicago and i see them in the playoffs.
Original post by Xotol
Chicago. D Rose is my man.

Btw, I didn't respond to the rest of your post because it's way too early to tell how things will go in the playoffs. I definitely think OKC will be in the WCF. I'll reserve my judgement as to whether they'll will the whole thing until I see them play Miami & Chicago and i see them in the playoffs.

Best PG, in the league,

ahh yeah can't remember if its the heat or bulls but one of the matchups is pretty soon
Knicks 2-8 since Melo's return. Why do people not realise that he is a BAD player?
Reply 1872
Original post by BigFudamental
Knicks 2-8 since Melo's return. Why do people not realise that he is a BAD player?

I'm still hearing chants of Melo being one of the best :rofl:
Rose vs Lin is interesting
Reply 1874
If these rumours are true about Dwight Howard potentially going to Miami, i will just give up with the NBA

Can you imagine Lebron, Wade and Howard on one team? What would be the point, you might as well give the title to them before the season begins.
Lebron, Howard, and Wade are arguably 3 of the top 5 players in the league.

What a horrible group of 'superstars' we have in the NBA, when they all want to create superteams instead of being like MJ and trying to beat each other.
Reply 1875
Original post by BigFudamental

Never rated him and i laughed my a** off when Skip Bayless said he would take Melo over Lebron:eek:

Yes Melo is clutch and has a late game winner in him, but he doesnt have much else imo and is too one dimensional. If you are going to be a pure scorer you have to be like Iverson and absolutely carry your team. Melo doesnt do that.
Reply 1876
i've been supporting okc since they moved from seattle.. I have to say i said this time was coming, they're definately going to win the wcf there is no serious contender their anymore, besides experience and a temperamental point guard we have a real shot at winning the championship. realistically its a heat okc finals, regardless of the outcome its going to be one of the most exciting in a long while

Westbrook is a black hole to that team imo. He will stop them going forward. If they traded him and got CP3, they would have the potential to beat the Heat.

Don't like Westbrook. Selfish player who wants to be the star when it clearly is Durant.
Reply 1877
Original post by Xotol
'Definitely' is quite bold. In fact, I see it the other way. This year it's pretty wide open. OKC may be the favourites, but that doesn't mean teams can't beat them.

SAS have the experience and I think have a decent shot with Parker having a career year; LAC are still gelling and have got a great record so far; LAL will always be there with Kobe, Gasol and Bynum and could make a real push with a competent PG; Dallas are the champions and will have Dirk in the playoffs; even the Grizzlies have a decent chance with Zach Randolph back, Rudy Gay and Marc Gasol.

And defence. I'm sorry, but you play average defense apart from maybe Ibaka's shot blocking. Miami and Chicago play hardcore defense and offense. OKC play amazing offense and average defense. They'll need to improve when they get to the playoffs.

I bet Westbrook and Durant will also have issues in the playoffs when they can't decide who takes the shot. If they traded Chris Paul for Westbrook, I think they'd win the championship. Westbrook is a potentially dominant PG, don't get me wrong, but we've all seen the problems Durant and Westbrook have.

It is. But a lot of different teams have a shot, including Chicago and all the other WC teams I mentioned.

Anyway, I think the game of the year will be Chicago vs Heat ECF which will be amazing if Chicago is fully fit.

Fully agree.

Don't rate Westbrook though. I think he will destroy OKC rather then take them forward.
Reply 1878
Original post by 3mmz
If these rumours are true about Dwight Howard potentially going to Miami, i will just give up with the NBA

Can you imagine Lebron, Wade and Howard on one team? What would be the point, you might as well give the title to them before the season begins.
Lebron, Howard, and Wade are arguably 3 of the top 5 players in the league.

What a horrible group of 'superstars' we have in the NBA, when they all want to create superteams instead of being like MJ and trying to beat each other.

Miami would have o give up Wade or LeBron for Dwight. No way Orlando accepts anything else from them.
Original post by 3mmz
Westbrook is a black hole to that team imo. He will stop them going forward. If they traded him and got CP3, they would have the potential to beat the Heat.

Don't like Westbrook. Selfish player who wants to be the star when it clearly is Durant.

Lool It's true but I'm learning to give him credit he's just a bad ambassador for the game he should be a 6th man because he doesnt yet understand how to lead a team

Latest