Turn on thread page Beta

got foot caught in my laptop cord which sent laptop crashing to the floor watch

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me advice or reassurance about what I should do about my laptop? I got my foot caught in the cable when I went to get up to disconnect my external hard drive and the laptop fell off the table. The only damage I can see is a little to the corner of the casing. I switched it back on and it still works and is still very noisy. Will I have done any lasting damage to the laptop?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it's unlikely you've done any lasting damage to it. Lucky!

ReputationRep:
    If it's an Advent then it's near indestructible.

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it, they would make their laptops to be at least a little durable.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you bought it from some second hand dealer/cheap generic manufacturer then it should be fine. If damage had been done to it then you would probably notice it straight away (i.e. the computer not starting).

Random neg attacks without reason?

ReputationRep:
    If it booted up then in all likelihood its fine.
    Should get a mac though, they have this little magnetic latch on their power input, I did the same thing as you but the cord just yanked out - although the macbook did move a fair bit :-/

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.