Turn on thread page Beta

Would like some advice - desperately want to study again but fear i missed my chance watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I am 22 and currently employed full time. I started university when I was 18 but i hated it, and at the time i couldn't see what a great opportunity I had. I believe at that age I had no idea what I wanted. I ended up wasting 3 years and never even finished. It's my biggest regret Now, i want to study more than anything. Particularly in health science, psychology, therapies etc. I had considered speech and language therapy too - but my long term career ambitions are currently still undecided.

As the student loan company paid out for me before, i doubt they would pay again? Particularly as i'm classed as mature now. I have had a look at distance learning courses...but i just dont know what to do. Would i be allowed to study again? Would i be wasting my time as i'm nearly 23 and need to continue working full time?

ReputationRep:
    Some degrees, like SLT, you're funded partly via the NHS anyway, which I think everyone gets regardless of whether they studied before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el pollo diablo)
    I knew I was forgetting something! Thank you.
    No problem I think you answered the OP's question pretty well anyway.

For the OP - obviously I can only speak for SLT, but I think there are a couple of part-time courses that you could do if you needed to work alongside the course. I can't think where they're based or if they even exist anymore, you'd have to do some researching if you decide the SLT route.

ReputationRep:
    22 is no age....I'm 34 and want to go into full time study in 2013! Go for it!

ReputationRep:
    You didn't waste 3 years at all, you just think you did looking back on it now. You are so young. Just go for it!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.