The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Anyone received an offer from Bournemouth yet?

My acknowledgement email arrived a week ago... I just wondered if anyone had heard anything back yet?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I haven't heard anything more from the acknowledgement email for Film Production
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
I applied for Journalism. I wonder when they'll decide...?
Reply 3
I got an email back from them earlier today offering me an interview on the 24th January. I sent my application off on the 17th so they were pretty quick. I'm applying for Film Production too.
Original post by G_Massey
I got an email back from them earlier today offering me an interview on the 24th January. I sent my application off on the 17th so they were pretty quick. I'm applying for Film Production too.

Crums, that's doesn't make my application look like its going well.
Congrats and I hope the interview goes well for you :biggrin:
Reply 5
you normally won't get a offer till the 15th of january this is because anyone who gets it to the universities by this date has to be considered equal in respect to the date of which the application is recieved
Reply 6
Original post by MissBlueskys
Crums, that's doesn't make my application look like its going well.
Congrats and I hope the interview goes well for you :biggrin:

Thanks, I'm sure you'll get a response soon too.
Reply 7

Good luck! I have just got an email informing me that I will soon find out whether I have been invited to a day in which I will have the opportunity to participate in activities to do with the journalism course and after that, I will find out if I have an offer :frown:
SO LONG TO WAIT.
Thanks, I'm sure you'll get a response soon too.

Can I ask if you have got that from just A Level/ BTECS or Art foundation/ Year out?
Slightly paranoid about bournemouth's need for experience :smile:
Reply 9
Can I ask if you have got that from just A Level/ BTECS or Art foundation/ Year out?
Slightly paranoid about bournemouth's need for experience :smile:

I got quite poor results for my A-Levels but did a BTEC in Media Production and Advanced Diploma in Creative and Media at college. I didn't get into uni with these results last year (including Bournemouth) so I'm kind of taking a year out right now. I don't really have a lot of experience so I don't know what changed their mind this year.
I got quite poor results for my A-Levels but did a BTEC in Media Production and Advanced Diploma in Creative and Media at college. I didn't get into uni with these results last year (including Bournemouth) so I'm kind of taking a year out right now. I don't really have a lot of experience so I don't know what changed their mind this year.

I am not sure where from, but I got the feeling they like mature students more than people straight from A Level. I am just apply for A Levels and 2 days work experience but hopefully. Bournemouth and Newport are my top two and I hardly heard anything from them. Oh well lool :smile: Impatience is a pain
Applied for English and nooo, after aknowledgement a few weeks ago, still nothing!
Reply 12
got a offer for computer science on the 9th of november if that helps
Original post by LilcompT
got a offer for computer science on the 9th of november if that helps

Bournemouth Uni doesn't even do Computer Science.
Reply 14
opps sorry its Software Engineering (G602), got it mixed up with my other offer :|
Reply 15
I am not sure where from, but I got the feeling they like mature students more than people straight from A Level. I am just apply for A Levels and 2 days work experience but hopefully. Bournemouth and Newport are my top two and I hardly heard anything from them. Oh well lool :smile: Impatience is a pain

I'm always really impatient with these things too. Hopefully things will start moving faster for things for you soon, good luck with your choices.
Reply 16
i applied to bournemouth today for computing is there department good?
Reply 17
Same I applied for software engineering G602 as well, Would it be ok to as what the offer was?
Reply 18
I applied for Digital Media Practice and I really liked it there! I sent of my application two and a half weeks ago now, and I didn't even get an acknowledgement email :s-smilie: It's the only one of my Uni's that I haven't heard anythig back from at all, I'm a little worried, it's possibly one of my top.
Their computing department is average. Not amazing but at the same time not absolutely dreadful. I found that people who could not stand the maths in Computer Science or hated maths but wanted to work with computers had Bournemouth as one of their offers. Since Bournemouth don't do a straight up Computer Science degree instead they do "Software engineering" as an example.

In my opinion though you are better off taking a proper respect Computer Science degree. Your options are rather limited with a degree in say Software engineering, but hey ho that's my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending