Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would like to know if it is possible to get a grant without applying for a loan? I tried searching for this already but all I found were people saying things like 'if you don't need a loan then you don't need a grant' and basically just being rudee. Just to clarify, if you earn less than £25000 a year (i think that's right?) you're entitled. My mums a single parent and earns waaaay less than that. I don't want the loan because I've been saving up for years and if I borrow a bit of money from family members, I just about have enough to afford the tuition fees. Which means I have no need to get the loan and frankly, I don't need the interest on top of it all. But I still need money for travel and food and things like that so am I still able to get the grant and how would I do this?

Sorry, I went a bit off topic but just to clarify my situation instead of people complaining and such c:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haffeeh)
    I would like to know if it is possible to get a grant without applying for a loan? I tried searching for this already but all I found were people saying things like 'if you don't need a loan then you don't need a grant' and basically just being rudee. Just to clarify, if you earn less than £25000 a year (i think that's right?) you're entitled. My mums a single parent and earns waaaay less than that. I don't want the loan because I've been saving up for years and if I borrow a bit of money from family members, I just about have enough to afford the tuition fees. Which means I have no need to get the loan and frankly, I don't need the interest on top of it all. But I still need money for travel and food and things like that so am I still able to get the grant and how would I do this?

Sorry, I went a bit off topic but just to clarify my situation instead of people complaining and such c:
    You can get the grant without the loan, you just have to remember to provide your parents' financial information and when asked how much loan you want put '0' in the box.

Remember though that it will be the cheapest loan you will ever have, so do consider it if you would rather keep your savings.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can get a grant without a loan. Whether it is morally right to do so is beside the point. Do what the person above says.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with getting the loan. You should get it, even if you don't need it. It's free money .

ReputationRep:
    you are perfectly entitled to a grant without a loan if you qualify.
    Ignore the moral high horse idiots.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.