Turn on thread page Beta

I'm afraid I've annoyed a few new Uni mates watch

Hi all

Bit of a daft post this but yesterday I got asked out for a drink with some friends from Uni. Now I'm not the best person in terms of conversation and with people anyway, I've got Aspergers and I'm always trying to get on with people yet hopelessly fail a lot of the time.

Anyway yesterday, went out and trying to just be a man really, had about 10 pints in about 4 hours, nothing I can't handle but I'm just a little afraid that with the drink I've possibly come across as a fool. I know these people reasonably well in most of their classes, will anyone think worse of me for having a few? Or should I just chill out, no-one will two ****s?

Cheerss

ReputationRep:
    I seriously doubt that it would affect their opinion of you. I think you're reading into this too much haha. Why would they ask you out for a drink if they didn't want to see you drink

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, so long as you don't get absolutely hammered every time you go out for a drink, it should be fine. Unless everybody else is getting absolutely hammered, in which case knock yourself out. Literally, if you feel like it.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, everyone comes across as a bit of an idiot after having a few.

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult to say. You haven't mentioned any embarrassing behaviour, but perhaps you can't remember much They'd probably understand anyway. As others have said, most people change after drinking alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all

Bit of a daft post this but yesterday I got asked out for a drink with some friends from Uni. Now I'm not the best person in terms of conversation and with people anyway, I've got Aspergers and I'm always trying to get on with people yet hopelessly fail a lot of the time.

Anyway yesterday, went out and trying to just be a man really, had about 10 pints in about 4 hours, nothing I can't handle but I'm just a little afraid that with the drink I've possibly come across as a fool. I know these people reasonably well in most of their classes, will anyone think worse of me for having a few? Or should I just chill out, no-one will two ****s?

Cheerss
    10 pints>? If I drank that much I would end up looking like the biggest idiot in the world by doing something stupid, although if I did it would probably be a good laugh as I was drunk. If ou can handle it cool. If you need that much to help you be more sociable etc then go for it if not, why?

ReputationRep:
    drunken stupidity is always quickly forgotten and often not even remembered, unless you did something really daft.

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity is the Aspergers self-diagnosed?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.