Turn on thread page Beta

Does anybody not have Facebook or has left Facebook recently? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm investigating a new trend into people leaving Facebook for good.

Is there anyone on here who doesn't have Facebook? Or has left it recently?

What reasons would you leave/did you leave?

ReputationRep:
    Not had it for a very long time. It was just a glorified address book full of attention seekers.
    I already have an address book and everyone I'll ever need to be in contact with has my
    mobile number and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    I never had it. I felt no need for facebook keeping my pictures etc. If I want to talk to friends, I call them, meet them or use msn.

I don´t want to support facebook ruling the social world. I like real social interaction.

ReputationRep:
    Never used it and never will. Can't see many people leaving though as there isn't really a very good alternative. In many respects google+ is just a clone of facebook so people won't see the need of jumping ship. But having said that, the interface of facebook is much more complicated to use rather than google+ .

ReputationRep:
    Deactivated my Facebook recently. Finding it really boring and tedious, it's the same people who status everyday!

ReputationRep:
    I have it, but all of the privacy settings are set to 'Only Me'. The only use I have for it is the messenger; if Windows Live Messenger was still popular I would never have signed up in the first place.

Might delete it anyway, as I can afford a decent mobile contract nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    I still have it, but find myself using is an awful lot less lately.

ReputationRep:
    I've never used it as I've never felt that I miss out on anything because I don't have it and it just seems like a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    I keep activating, de-activating, going in the process of cancelling and then stopping. Not for attention seeking, but I feel it's so boring and it's all based around the same generic status' each day, wasting time.
    Neddless to say though, I think the amount of time I've had it has made me addicted and I go on it, even taking into consideration the cons.

ReputationRep:
    I have left facebook about 5 days ago. It's just awful and too time consuming

ReputationRep:
    I technically have an account my girlfriend made for me but I've logged into it about 5 times over the past 18 months, most of those to untag inappropriate photos of me that I didn't want my brothers seeing. I'd never use it otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    I stopped using Facebook a while ago, i'm not even going to bother to try and figure out how to close it.

ReputationRep:
    I have it,deactivated it for about a year,then activated it again, simply because I thought I have most on my school friends on there,and it just makes it a lot more easier if I need to discuss any school work with them.
    However,I seem to be using it a lot less lately..

ReputationRep:
    I've recently deactivated my account. I find it boring and I didn't use it properly; in the last few years I've removed over 200 friends, made my wall and pictures private and frequently went through the process of deactivating and reactivating. So many 'friends' made the same irrelevant statuses and my news feed was full of drivel; even their spelling and grammar mistakes wound me up. Also, a distant relative I had on my friends list was pestering me due to supporting the Conservatives.

So, enough was enough and I hope to stay off of Facebook for a while. If anyone wants to contact me, they can call, send me an email or tell me at school.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like people so I don't have it

ReputationRep:
    I have a small account which I only use to occassionaly stalk people online. I'm on it maybe 5 minutes a day?

ReputationRep:
    I use it...but recently i've been trying to restrict myself. I have to use because of uni commitments..but recently i'ts been people constantly complaining and attention seeking and to be honest I think its dehumanizing people a bit too much.

ReputationRep:
    I've been using it far less recently. People seem to have regressed back to... texting. Unless there's a new social network everyone's using that I don't know about. I bet there is.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of uni things are organised through Facebook. It's just the next step up from email, with far more features.

ReputationRep:
    I've lived in many different cities all around my life. I've got friends all over the globe. Facebook is definitely the easiest way to keep in touch, I always kind of know what is going on in their life and what do they do. And then sometimes we just happen to be both in the same city and we can just meet and catch up.
    I often do the usual cleaning but I've never deactivated my account, and im not even thinking about tit.
    I do have issues with their privacy setting. Although Im already double checking everything before I press ok, I know that my personal info does and will leak. But I guess it's the price to pay for keeping in touch.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.